Macau Tower Facts
Macau Tower, located in the New Reclamation Area of Macau West Bay, has a total height of 338 meters (standing 338 meters at its highest point, 56 floors in total) from the ground to its highest point. It is the global tenth independent sightseeing tower, and it is one of the members of the World Federation of Great Towers. It is higher than the famous Sky Tower in Auckland, Eiffel Tower in Paris and AMP Tower in Sydney; and it is the highest sightseeing steel tower in Southeast Asia.
Chinese Name: 澳门塔
Address: South Bay New Reclamation Area, Macau, China.
Best Seasons: All year around
Recommended Visiting Hours: about 2 hours
Opening Hours: Mon.~Fri.: 10:00a.m.-9:00p.m. Sat.~Sun.: 9:00a.m.-9:00p.m.
Why is Macau Tower So Special?
- Macau Tower is the global tenth independent sightseeing tower, and it is one of the members of the World Federation of Great Towers.
- Macau Tower is higher than the famous Sky Tower in Auckland, Eiffel Tower in Paris and AMP Tower in Sydney; and it is the highest sightseeing steel tower in Southeast Asia.
- Macau Tower was the eighth highest tower in Asia and the tenth in the world by the year of its completion. Macau Tower is such a charming place attracting more than 1 million people to visit in a year in different ways.
Brief Introduction of Macau Tower
Macau Tower Convention & Entertainment Centre , also known as Macau Tower , is a tower located in Sé, Macau. The tower measures 338 m (1,109 ft) in height from ground level to the highest point. Its observation deck features views, restaurants, theaters, shopping malls and the Skywalk X, a walking tour around the outer rim. It offers the best view of Macau and in recent years has been used for a variety of adventurous activities.
If you have a chance to visit Macau, do not forget to go to Macau Tower, an important landmark of the city. It was designed by Gordon Moller, a famous architect of New Zealand. The construction was finished in December, 2001, at the 2nd year anniversary of Macau’s return. It was the eighth highest tower in Asia and the tenth in the world by the year of its completion. Besides, it is a member of the World Federation of Great Towers. Macau Tower is such a charming place attracting more than 1 million people to visit in a year in different ways.
Best Seasons to Visit Macau
The best time to visit Macau is the autumn season started from October to December, this period boasts most fine days without rain and typhoon.
- Spring in Macau (March – May) is a typical oceanic monsoon climate with mild March, Rainy April and humid May. It rains a lot, making May the wettest month of the year. The changeable weather in spring will cause few sunny days while few rainy days later. Umbrella is necessary in this seaon. Clothes to pack – A light sweater and a light coat are generally enough, but if it gets hot you’ll need summer clothing such as a T-shirt.
- Summer in Macau (June – August) is generally high temperature, humid climate with summer showers, typhoons and thunderstorms occasionally.
Clothes to pack – cummer clothes such as T-Shirts and shorts.Swimming in the sea and have a leisure day on the beaches can be recommended activities in Macau.
Autumn in Macau (September – December) is the best time to travel to Macau. Bright sky and cool temperature with rare typhoon weather makes tourists have a joyful Macau tour in this period.Clothes to pack – besides summer clothes such as T-Shirt and shorts a sweater for evenings is needed especially towards the end of the autumn.
- Winter in Macau (Jan to February) is not a harsh cold season. Snow is unheard of in Macau and frost occurs only one once or twice a year.December is a peak travel time for Macau, and the 20th is an important day for people from Macau to return to the motherland. Many celebrations and activities fill this day. December is also a Christmas period so you also can get touch with the festival atmosphere there.
Clothes to pack – Sweaters, a light jacket or coat for evenings. Gloves and scarves are only needed by those particularly susceptible to the cold.
Top Things to Do at Macau Tower
Macau Tower Sightseeing Observation
Macau Tower is 338 meters (about 1,108 feet) above the ground. The highest observation level is the Outdoor Observation Deck on Level 61, with a height of 223 meters (about 732 feet). Walking around the Observation Deck, you can have a panoramic view of the Peal River Delta, Macau Peninsula and Taipa, Coloane islands. The Observation Lounge is on Level 58. Macau Tower is a fascinating place to see the sunrise in the morning or see the spectacular night-view of Macau. Looking down, you can see the East and west Mangyang Hill, Casino Lisboa and even the outlying island of Hong Kong in sunny days.
|Observation Deck Admission Fee||MOP145 for adult /MOP75 for the seniors (65 years old and above) and children (3-11 years old)|
|Opening Hours||10:00—21:00 (Monday—Friday)
Macau Tower Skywalk
Macau Tower Observation Lounge – “Sky Walk”: The 57th Floor is the famous “Sky Walk”. Imagine you are on the 233-meter high and only 1.8-meter wide periphery on the top of Macau Tower, you walk around the open-air steel frame without handrail; or you climb down the stone wall along the tower, or you climb up the world’s 10th independent tourism tower with your bare hands, how exciting they are. It offers the best view of Macau. Watch down for sections of the observation lounge fitted with glass floor letting you see the ground beneath your feet – 223 meters away, feeling like you’re walking on air!
Shopping on the Macau Tower
Toys ‘R’ Us (Level 2): The store is a special gift for the young. You can buy international renowned brand fancy toys, clothing and so on.
Macau Creations (Level 1): In this store you can find all kinds of creative products like stamps, postcards, seals, clothes, and watches.
Mocha (Ground Level): It’s a paradise for electronic and gambling games lovers! Besides, the Mocha café is provided here.
ISA (Shop 1-21, Lower Ground Level): Here you can find those world-famous brands like Gucci, Armani, Fendi, Prada, Cartier, Dunhill…
You may already feel excited, but wait for a moment because there are more funs here that beyond your expectation.
Recommended Restaurants on Macau Tower
- Lua Azul: Serving Huaiyang, Cantonese and Chaozhou (Chiu Chow) cuisines. You can have a look about how your dishes are prepared. Private dining rooms are available. Lua Azul is in the third floor of Macau Tower. Business hours: 10:00 – 23:00.
- Café on 4: Next to the theatre, it is a comfortable place to relax. You can see the harbor view though the windows when you enjoy the delicious desserts.
- 180°Lounge & Grill (On Level 59): Serve you with grills of hearty beef, lamb, chicken and all kinds of seafood. Vintage wine of Portuguese will bring you unforgettable experience.
- 360°Café: On Level 60, the 360°whirling Café provides you authentic Chinese and western style food, such as, fresh sea food, Portuguese and Indian flavors, spaghetti and sweets of Italy. You will enjoy yourself about the buffet dinner no matter by the environment of the café or the delicious food it offered. You can have a bird’s eye view of scenery around the Macau Tower when you dining at the same time.
- ITACH SUSHI: A Japanese Restaurant uses fresh seasonal fish and first class ingredients to creat wonderful food, relying on chefs’ outstanding culinary skills. Business Hours: 11:30-23:00
How to get to The Macau Tower
Travel with ChinaDragonTours (top recommended)
If you want to get out of the traffic and hassle of navigation, you can book a private tour package that includes visiting, dining and transfer from us. Our local guide and driver will escort you to Macau Tower in the fastest and most convenient way and take care of all the details. You just have to focus on the visiting.
Take bus 5, 9A, 18B, 18, 23, 26, 32, 73, or N2 to Macau Tower.
Useful Travel Tips
- It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
- Ticket Fare
Price List (per person) $ = MOP = HKD Bungy Jump Bungy Jump including certificate, membership card, exclusive Bungy Jump T-shirt & Tower Ticket: $ 3,488
2nd Jump: $ 1,288
Souvenirs: $ 399 for photos in USB; $ 699 for video in USB; $ 799 for video + Photo in USB;
Full Package (Bungy Jump+T-shirt+Video+Photo in USB): $ 3,988
SkyJump SkyJump including certificate, membership card, exclusive T-shirt & Tower Ticket: $ 2,588
2nd Jump: $ 1,288
Tandem SkyJump: $ 3,988 (a group of two persons)
Souvenirs: $ 399 for photos in USB; $ 599 for video in USB; $ 699 for video + Photo in USB; Full Package (SkyJump+T-shirt+video+photo in USB): $ 2,988
Skywalk Package Skywalk including certificate, membership card, USB, exclusive T-shirt & Tower Ticket: $ 788 Tower Climb Tower Climb (include exclusive Tower Climb T-Shirt, Certificate, Membership Card, Video & Photo on USB): $ 2,288
2nd Climb: $ 999
- Except Skywalk, all the programs need to be booked in advance.
Booking hotline: 853-8988 8656Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operating Hours
Bungy Jump & Skyjump & Skywalk
Sep. – Jun. Mon. – Thu.: 10:00 – 19:30
Fri.: 10:00 – 21:00
Weekends: 10:00 – 22:00
Jul. – Aug. Mon. – Thu.: 10:00 – 21:00
Fri. – Sun.: 10:00 – 22:00