Casino Lisboa in Macau
Macau Casino Lisboa Facts
Located on the Avenida Doutor Mario Soares, Casino Lisboa is one of the landmarks of Macau. The casino is famous for its variety of gambling games, unique design, exquisite decorations, and sound facilities. It attracts a great number of gamblers and visitors from all over the world. Moreover, it is known as Oriental Las Vegas or Monte Carlo of the East.
Chinese Name: 澳门葡京赌场
Type: Casinos; Hotels
Address: Sé, Macau, China
Best Seasons: All year around
Recommended Visiting Hours: about half a day
Opening Hours: The whole day
Why is Macau Casino Lisboa So Special?
- The Grand Lisboa is the tallest building in Macau and the most distinctive part of its skyline.
- The casino is famous for its variety of gambling games, unique design, exquisite decorations, and sound facilities. It attracts a great number of gamblers and visitors from all over the world.
- Moreover, it is known as Oriental Las Vegas (东方拉斯维加斯) or Monte Carlo (蒙特卡洛) of the East.
Brief Introduction of Macau Casino Lisboa
Casino Lisboa is a three-storey round building in the charge of He Hongshen (何鸿燊), the Macau casino tycoon. The main building looks like a bird cage. Seen from afar, it also looks like a giant boat. The main gate is located at the junction of Avenida do Infante D. Henrique and Avenida da Amizade. It looks like a big mouth of a tiger. Tourists and gamblers will feel threatened when seeing it, so they prefer to enter the casino through the side left door. On the ceiling of the lobby is painted a Portuguese-style boat confronting a strong storm. Casino Lisboa is luxuriously furnished with valuable treasures and curiosities, which fascinates tourists a lot.
Grand Lisboa (新葡京) is a 47-floor, 261-metre-tall (856 ft) hotel in Sé, Macau, China. It is owned by Sociedade de Turismo e Diversões de Macau and designed by Hong Kong architects Dennis Lau and Ng Chun Man. Its casino and restaurants were opened on February 11, 2007, while the hotel was opened in December 2008. The casino offers 800 gaming tables and 1,000 slot machines. The hotel contains 430 hotel rooms and suites. The Grand Lisboa is the tallest building in Macau and the most distinctive part of its skyline. The casino is the first in Macau to offer Texas hold ’em poker ring games. It was also the first to offer craps, though several other casinos in Macau now offer the game.
Stanley Ho (“The King Of Gambling”)
To understand how gambling evolved in Macau, you need to know a little about it’s greatest player, and Macau’s richest man – Stanley Ho.
Gambling was legalised in Macau in the 1850’s. Stanley Ho’s company STDM (Sociedade de Turismoe Diverses de Macau) was formed in 1962 and granted a monopoly on gambling in Macau in the same year (which had been held by the Tai Hing Company since 1934).
His monopoly came to an end in 2000, when the government of Macau proposed to split the gambling operation into 3 parts. The casinos on the Macau peninsula were to remain under the control of STDM, but those in Coloane and Taipa were opened for bidding.
Gambling Facilities in Macau Casino Lisboa
Dozens of desks are distributed around the lobby and slot machines are put at four corners in Casino Lisboa. Many kinds of Chinese and western gambling games can be found here. The lobby is very crowded, but pretty orderly. Tourists who come here for the first time will be amazed. In addition, there are 26 VIP halls especially for rich people from all over the world to play. You can play different gambling games here, like the roulette and the Blackjack. Try your fortune and have fun!
At the same time, there are sound entertainment facilities, including fitness centers, shopping malls, hair salons, sauna and massage rooms, and restaurants. Also, free drinks and snacks are served for gamblers in the casino. After playing gambling games, people can have a lot of fun and get relaxed here. Next to the Casino Lisboa is the Hotel Lisboa where you can have a good rest.
Best Seasons to Visit Macau
The best time to visit Macau is the autumn season started from October to December, this period boasts most fine days without rain and typhoon.
- Spring in Macau (March – May) is a typical oceanic monsoon climate with mild March, Rainy April and humid May. It rains a lot, making May the wettest month of the year. The changeable weather in spring will cause few sunny days while few rainy days later. Umbrella is necessary in this seaon. Clothes to pack – A light sweater and a light coat are generally enough, but if it gets hot you’ll need summer clothing such as a T-shirt.
- Summer in Macau (June – August) is generally high temperature, humid climate with summer showers, typhoons and thunderstorms occasionally.
Clothes to pack – cummer clothes such as T-Shirts and shorts.Swimming in the sea and have a leisure day on the beaches can be recommended activities in Macau.
Autumn in Macau (September – December) is the best time to travel to Macau. Bright sky and cool temperature with rare typhoon weather makes tourists have a joyful Macau tour in this period.Clothes to pack – besides summer clothes such as T-Shirt and shorts a sweater for evenings is needed especially towards the end of the autumn.
- Winter in Macau (Jan to February) is not a harsh cold season. Snow is unheard of in Macau and frost occurs only one once or twice a year.December is a peak travel time for Macau, and the 20th is an important day for people from Macau to return to the motherland. Many celebrations and activities fill this day. December is also a Christmas period so you also can get touch with the festival atmosphere there.
Clothes to pack – Sweaters, a light jacket or coat for evenings. Gloves and scarves are only needed by those particularly susceptible to the cold.
How to get to The Casino Lisboa
Travel with ChinaDragonTours (top recommended)
If you want to get out of the traffic and hassle of navigation, you can book a private tour package that includes visiting, dining and transfer from us. Our local guide and driver will escort you to Macau Casino Lisboa in the fastest and most convenient way and take care of all the details. You just have to focus on the visiting.
By Free Shuttle Bus:
Free shuttle bus is provided by the casino. The schedule of the bus is listed below.
|Macau Border Gate||10:00- 23:00||4 to 30 minutes|
|Macau Outer Harbor Ferry Terminal||10:00- 23:00||6 to 30 minutes|
|Taipa Temporary Ferry Terminal||10:00- 18:30||40 minutes|
1. 1. Take bus 17, 28B, or 28C to Lisboa.
2. Take bus 9A or 9 to Lisboa Road.
3. Take bus 3A, 5X, 6B, 7, 8, 10A, 10B, 10, 12, 22, 23, 25B, 25, 28A, 29, 30X, 32, H1, N1B or N2 to Lisboa Hotel.
Opening Hours: All day long
Ticket Price: Free of charge
Useful Travel Tips
- It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. Because at that time, the hotel reservation and transportation will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
- Visitors under the age of 18 are not allowed in.
- Tourists must accept security check at the entrance.
- Tourists are not allowed to bring cameras and other video devices since taking photos is forbidden in the casino.
- Ladies can wear skirts, but gentlemen are not allowed to wear slippers or shorts. Tourists are advised to wear coats or shirts because it is a little bit cold inside.
- Luggage can be deposited at the luggage counters for free.