3 Days Zhengzhou Shaolin Temple Highlights Tour
Zhengzhou is the transfer hub of Henan Province. Tourists can easily travel from Zhengzhou to other popular destinations in Henan, including Shaolin Temple in Dengfeng which is the best highlight of this tour. You will explore this famous Buddhist temple, also appreciate the famous Chinese Kung Fu. Besides, spend some leisure time enjoying the unique Taoist Zhongyue Temple and ancient Songyang Academy on Mount Song.
- Enjoy the convenience of flight/train arrival at Zhengzhou from other major cities in China even some international cities;
- Take a Zhengzhou city tour to explore the local culture and history;
- Learn about Buddhist culture, watch Shalin Kunfu Performance on Mount Song.
- Day 1 Zhengzhou Arrival
- Day 2 Zhengzhou – Dengfeng
- Day 3 Dengfeng & Zhengzhou Departure
Day 1 Zhengzhou Arrival
Sightseeing and Activities:
After check in hotel, our guide will take you to visit the Henan Museum (Henan Provincial Museum) to explore the ancient cultural city relics. Then you will head for Yellow River Scenic Area, where you can view the hanging mighty Yellow River run to plain.
After that you come to the Erqi Memorial Tower (February 7 Monument) which is a historical building to commemorate people who contributed to the strike on February 7, 1923.
Stay overnight in Zhengzhou.
Day 2 Zhengzhou – Dengfeng
Sightseeing and Activities:Kung Fu learning, Visit Songyang Academy, Zhongyue Temple.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
After breakfast, your guide will pick you up at your hotel and drive you to visit the Astronomical Observatory near Dengfeng City. Built by astronomer Guoshoujin in Yuan Dynasty, it has a history over 700 years till today, and it’s the existing oldest astronomical observatory in China.
Keep driving about 25km to the final destination of today – Shaolin Temple, the birthplace of Zen Buddhism and the cradle of Kung Fu. You will visit the grandiose temples and halls, admire stone carving art, learn about Buddhism culture, observe the daily living and meditation of monks in the temple. Don’t miss the famous Pagoda Forest, the existing largest pagoda forest in China. When an important monk passed away, their cremains or skeleton would be put into the underground palace, and a pagoda will be built on it. The pagoda’s height, size and number of layers will be decided according to the monk’s Buddhism knowledge, reputation and merits and virtues when during his lifetime. The pagodas here were built in different dynasties, including 2 Tang Dynasty pagodas, 2 Song Dynasty Pagodas, 10 Jin Dynasty pagodas, 46 Yuan Dynasty pagodas, 148 Ming Dynasty pagodas, etc.
Then continue your visit to enjoy a magnificent free Kung Fu Show in the Shaolin Wushu Hall, lasting for half hour each day. In order to enjoy more about Kung Fu, you have about 2 hours Kung Fu training experience in Shaolin Temple.
After that, drive back to Dengfeng City for accommodation.
Day 3 Dengfeng & Zhengzhou Departure
Sightseeing and Activities:
Zhongyue Temple, which is sitting at the foot of Taishi Mountain, is the core part of Zhongyue Scenic Area. First built in Qin Dynasty (221 BC ~ 207BC), Zhongyue Temple is the holy land for Quanzhen Taoism in China, and it’s the largest and best preserved ancient architectural complex among the Five Famous Mountains in China.
Songyang Academy, together with Yingtian Academy, Yuelu Academy and Bailudong Academy, are called as the Four Greatest Academies in ancient China. It’s one of the earliest academies in China. First built in Northern Wei Dynasty (386 ~ 534), many famous Confucian scholars had given lectures in here, including Sima Guang, Fan Zhongyan, Cheng Yi, Cheng Hao, etc. The academy has a total different architectural style from the temples in China. It’s more simple and elegant.
After the tour, drive 80 km back to Zhengzhou to catch yur flight/train to next destination.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.