The Site of Huiyuan City in Yining, Ili
The overall architectural arrangement of the city is very clear and neat with four avenues straightly leading to the four gates. Huiyuan City was the largest city in Xiniiang at that time.
English Name: The Site of Huiyuan City in Yining, Ili
Type: Ili Scenic Area, Ili famous spots & Ili attractions
Best Time: All Year Around
Recommended Visiting Hours: 2-3 hours
Why is The Site of Huiyuan City So Special?
In 1762. after suppressing the Jungar Rebellion and reuniting Xiniiang in 1757, the government of the Qing Dynasty officially set up the Ili General to administer the military and polilical affairs of whole Xinjiang and the areas to the east and south of Balkhash lake, and built Huiyuan City in the next year.
Where is The Site of Huiyuan City
The Site of Huiyuan City is located 30 kilometers to the west of Yining City.
Main Attraction of The Site of Huiyuan City
Huiyuan City includes an old city and a new one. The old city was firstly built in 1763 and expanded in 1793. It is 4.2 meters in height and 8.15 kilo meters in perimeter. It was destroyed in 1871 when Tsarist Russian invaded and occupied Ili. The new city is located 7.5 kilometers to the north of the old city. It was built in 1883. The city is about 5 meters in height and 4.6 kilometers in perimeter.
Best Time to Travel The Site of Huiyuan City
Every autumn, that is, August and September, is the best time to visit Ili.
At this time, the weather began to cool and the fruits began to mature. This is a very suitable time to travel. At this time, most scenic spots began to hang attractive gold. Let’s travel in the golden ocean. The natural scenery around Ili is very beautiful. In our spare time , we take our family to Ili to play, eat delicious fruits and enjoy different local conditions and customs. I believe this is a very beautiful moment and a very happy memory.
How to Get There
- Since the scenic spot is located on the prairie, it is recommended to drive there by oneself.
Useful Travel Tips
- The morning light in summer in Xinjiang is earlier, it is about 6:30 in the morning in the plain area and it will light up at about 7:00 in the mountain area, but breakfast in Xinjiang hotels usually starts at 8:30, lunch time is 13: 00-14: 30, dinner time is about 19: 30-20: 30, and the sun will not set until 22:30 in the evening, so pay attention to adjust the time difference when traveling to Xinjiang.
- Xinjiang has a large number of halal meals, mainly beef and mutton. Cities also have Sichuan, Hunan, Guangdong and other local restaurants with national characteristics. In remote areas and scenic spots, halal meals are the main food. Pasta is the main staple food in Xinjiang, but rice is the main food for group meals. Sheep meat is the main meat in Xinjiang, and the smell of mutton is very small, which is acceptable to the general public.
- Site of Ancient Nilka Copper Mine
- Monument on the Gedeng Mountain
- Ancient Town of Mohe in Ili
- Sudan Vais Khan Mazar, Ili
- Jingyuan Temple in Qapqal, Ili
- The Bell Tower of Huiyuan City, Ili
Recommended Xinjiang Tour Packages
- 1 Day Urumqi City Tour with Xinjiang Museum and Nanshan Pasture
- 1 Day Urumqi City Tour with Heavenly Lake and Grand Bazaar
- 8 Days Silk Road Highlights Tour from Dunhuang to Urumqi
- 9 Days Silk Road Tour and Kanas Lake Adventure from Dunhuang to Urumqi
- 7 Days Northern Xinjiang Tour with Kanas Lake Adventure