Museum of Ili Prefecuture
The new Yili State Museum has more than 1,000 precious cultural relics, many of which are on display in Yili for the first time. As far as possible, the new museum will reflect the cultural relics, national customs and historical features of Ili prefecture
English Name: Museum of Ili Prefecuture
Type: Ili Scenic Area, Ili famous spots & Ili attractions
Best Time: All Year Around
Recommended Visiting Hours: 2-3 hours
Why is Museum of Ili Prefecuture So Special?
Museum of Ili PrefecutureaBuilt in 1992, the museum preserve various kinds of cultural relics of Ili Region in different historic periods and all of these cultural relies full i remarkable local colors. Hundreds of cultural relies is on display in the museum, including cirque decorated with winged animal, bronze tray with four legs, bronze cauldron, bronze knife, bronze axe, bronze bell, bronze statue of warrior, stone statue, rock carving, pottery, golden implements, etc. They are precious materials for the investigation and research on the history of Ili Region.
Where is Museum of Ili Prefecuture
Yili Museum is located in Yining City, Yili Prefecture, Xinjiang. It reflects the process of unity, cooperation and common development of all ethnic groups in Yili. The museum will highlight the local ethnic characteristics in its display art form. The cultural relics on display in the museum will be mainly bronze and gold and silver articles unearthed in Yili over the years, as well as a certain number of stone tools, ironware and pottery.
Main Attraction of Museum of Ili Prefecuture
Yuan Dynasty blue-and-white phoenix head flat pot, barrel-shaped silver ware 1 piece, round toad pattern gold foil 1 piece, buckle-shaped gold ornaments 20 pieces, pillar-shaped gold ornaments 3 pieces, sleeve-shaped gold ornaments 3 pieces, pendant-shaped gold ornaments 2 pieces, gold wire 1 piece, red agate, turquoise, crystal and other colored gemstone beads 111 pieces.
The display area is 1830 square meters, including the preface hall and three showrooms, which respectively display: early grassland culture, grassland culture in nomadic era and Yili ethnic folk customs. Tracing back to the origin and development of nomads, the long-standing ethnic relationship between the central plains and nomads, the information transmitted by the grassland silk road, and the rich and colorful ethnic customs, we can feel the historical features and profound cultural details of grassland culture.
The main tour items in the tour area: the museum has more than 2,700 precious cultural relics in its collection, including many fine grassland cultural relics, large grassland bronze wares, deer stones, gold and silver wares from the ancient tomb of Poma, silk embroidery relics, as well as grassland stone men, silver and copper coins from Chahetai. Some cultural relics have also been exhibited abroad.
Best Time to Travel Museum of Ili Prefecuture
Every autumn, that is, August and September, is the best time to visit Ili.
At this time, the weather began to cool and the fruits began to mature. This is a very suitable time to travel. At this time, most scenic spots began to hang attractive gold. Let’s travel in the golden ocean. The natural scenery around Ili is very beautiful. In our spare time , we take our family to Ili to play, eat delicious fruits and enjoy different local conditions and customs. I believe this is a very beautiful moment and a very happy memory.
How to Get There
- It is about 2 kilometers away from the city center and takes about 5 minutes by car.
Useful Travel Tips
- The morning light in summer in Xinjiang is earlier, it is about 6:30 in the morning in the plain area and it will light up at about 7:00 in the mountain area, but breakfast in Xinjiang hotels usually starts at 8:30, lunch time is 13: 00-14: 30, dinner time is about 19: 30-20: 30, and the sun will not set until 22:30 in the evening, so pay attention to adjust the time difference when traveling to Xinjiang.
- Xinjiang has a large number of halal meals, mainly beef and mutton. Cities also have Sichuan, Hunan, Guangdong and other local restaurants with national characteristics. In remote areas and scenic spots, halal meals are the main food. Pasta is the main staple food in Xinjiang, but rice is the main food for group meals. Sheep meat is the main meat in Xinjiang, and the smell of mutton is very small, which is acceptable to the general public.
- Site of Ancient Nilka Copper Mine
- Monument on the Gedeng Mountain
- Ancient Town of Mohe in Ili
- Sudan Vais Khan Mazar, Ili
- Jingyuan Temple in Qapqal, Ili
- The Bell Tower of Huiyuan City, Ili
Recommended Xinjiang Tour Packages
- 1 Day Urumqi City Tour with Xinjiang Museum and Nanshan Pasture
- 1 Day Urumqi City Tour with Heavenly Lake and Grand Bazaar
- 8 Days Silk Road Highlights Tour from Dunhuang to Urumqi
- 9 Days Silk Road Tour and Kanas Lake Adventure from Dunhuang to Urumqi
- 7 Days Northern Xinjiang Tour with Kanas Lake Adventure