Xinjiang Geological and Minerals Exhibition Hall
The predecessor of Xinjiang Geology and Mineral Resources Museum was the geological exhibition room of Xinjiang Geological Bureau. It was a professional exhibition hall to introduce Xinjiang's achievements in mineral exploration and popularize geology and related scientific knowledge.
Chinese Name: 新疆地质矿产博物馆
English Name: Xinjiang Geological and Minerals Exhibition Hall
Type: Urumqi Scenic Area, Urumqi famous spots & Urumqi attractions
Best Time: All Year Around
Recommended Visiting Hours: 2-3 hours
Location: No.430, Youyi North Road, Shaibake District, Urumqi City
Why is Geological and Minerals Exhibition Hall So Special?
Xinjiang Museum of Geology and Mineral Resources is a provincial comprehensive geological science museum in China. Located in Youyi Road, Urumqi City, Xinjiang. The predecessor was the geological exhibition room of Xinjiang Geological Bureau. In 1964, it was changed to Xinjiang Geological Exhibition Hall. The exhibition building was rebuilt in 1979 and renamed Xinjiang Geology and Mineral Exhibition Hall in 1982. It was officially opened on October 1, 1984. It was changed to its present name in August 1986.
Where is Xinjiang Geological and Minerals Exhibition Hall
Located on Youhao road, Urumqi, the exhibition hall was built in 1984. With a ground area of 3700 square meters, it’s one of the biggest geological and minerals exhibition hall in china, only inferior to that in Beijing.
Main Attraction of Geological and Minerals Exhibition Hall
Best Time to Travel Geological and Minerals Exhibition Hall
Visits to museums need not be restricted by seasons. At any time, you can come here to see amazing human relics and all other precious relics, so that you can know more about the prosperous and splendid civilization in this region.
Recommended Xinjiang Tour Packages
- 1 Day Urumqi City Tour with Xinjiang Museum and Nanshan Pasture
- 1 Day Urumqi City Tour with Heavenly Lake and Grand Bazaar
- 8 Days Silk Road Highlights Tour from Dunhuang to Urumqi
- 9 Days Silk Road Tour and Kanas Lake Adventure from Dunhuang to Urumqi
- 7 Days Northern Xinjiang Tour with Kanas Lake Adventure
How to Get There
1. take bus 302 to get off at [xingong] station and walk 53 meters.
2. Take No.917 to get off at [Family Hospital of Geology and Mineral Resources Bureau] and walk 196 meters.
Useful Travel Tips
- Ticket information
No tickets required
- Take good care of the exhibits, do not smoke, do not touch the exhibits casually, do not use flash to take pictures arbitrarily.
- We should take good care of exhibition stands, lighting and other facilities in museums.
- When visiting museums, you should keep quiet and not make any noise.
- Nanshan Pasture in Urumqi
- Tian Shan Mountains in Xinjiang
- Xinjiang International Grand Bazaar
- Heavenly Lake of Tianshan Mountain
- The Ancient City of Urabo in Urumqi
- Wenmiao Temple and Urumqi Museum