2 Days Tacheng Yunnan Snub-nosed Monkey from Lijiang
Yunnan snub-nosed monkey is an endangered species of primate in the family Cercopithecidae. These monkeys get their common name for their unusual noses; the nasal bones are absent and the nostrils are upturned. During this tour, we will head to Tacheng from Lijiang and visit Snub-nosed Monkeys here. On the way, visit the First Bend of Yangtze River.
- Visit the First Bend of Yangtze River on the way to Tacheng.
- Have a close observation on Yunnan Snub-nosed Monkeys.
- Day 1: Lijiang – Tacheng
- Day 2: Tacheng – Lijiang
Day 1 Lijiang – Tacheng
Sightseeing and Activities: the First Bend of Yangtze River
In the morning, meet the guide and driver at your hotel and drive about 1 hour to view the First Bend of Yangtze River, an extraordinary turn nearly about 180 degrees with beautiful and marvelous views like a wonderful landscape painting unfolding before you. Next drive along the Yangtze River for about 3 hours to Tacheng.
Day 2 Tacheng – Lijiang
Sightseeing and Activities: Yunnan Snub-nosed Monkey
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
After breakfast, hike through the forest to observe the Yunnan Snub-nosed Monkeys. Learn more information about Yunnan Snub-nosed Monkeys. Do some easy hiking in the area and then drive about 4 hours back to Lijiang. On the way, stop at a village to have a simple lunch with a local family.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
One thought on “2 Days Tacheng Yunnan Snub-nosed Monkey from Lijiang”
The Black Snub-Nosed Monkey lives in very large super-groups which are made up of several families. Each of them has a single dominant male with many females.Their favorite food is the Spanish moss that grows abundantly in the remote forests of South China but it takes a lot to regrow, forcing the monkeys to move fast and look for new sources of food.The Black Snub-Nosed Monkeys (Rhinopithecus bieti – 黑金丝猴), native of Yunnan, are not the same as the Golden Snub-Nosed Monkeys (Rhinopithecus roxellana – 川金丝猴) that are native of Sichuan.