The Stone Statues in Altay
These statues are reflection of ancestor worship and of praying for blessings and protections of the inhabitants of early stage, full of cultural intension.
English Name: The Stone Statues in Altay
Type: Altay Scenic Area, Altay famous spots & Altay attractions
Best Time: All Year Around
Recommended Visiting Hours: 2-3 hours
Why is The Stone Statues So Special?
Archaeologists have found stone statues in many places, such as Kaynar, Sintas Lake, Karatas, Samut, Qiaoxia, etc. These statues are reflection of ancestor worship and of praying for blessings and protections of the inhabitants of early stage, full of cultural intension.
Main Attraction of The Stone Statues
There are over 80 stone statues found in Altar region. These statues are mostly standing in or at east of cemeteries or tombs. They appear sometimes in one, and sometimes in two (one male and one female), and maximum reaches five, all faces the east where the sun rises. Stone sttatues originated from 3000 years ago. The Turkic warrior statues of the Tang Dynasty are the most famous.
Best Time to Travel The Stone Statues
Every autumn, that is, August and September, is the best time to visit Altay.
At this time, the weather began to cool and the fruits began to mature. This is a very suitable time to travel. At this time, most scenic spots began to hang attractive gold. Let’s travel in the golden ocean. The natural scenery around Altay is very beautiful. In our spare time , we take our family to Altay to play, eat delicious fruits and enjoy different local conditions and customs. I believe this is a very beautiful moment and a very happy memory.
How to Get There
- It is suggested to drive there by oneself. Please consult the staff for more information.
Useful Travel Tips
- The morning light in summer in Xinjiang is earlier, it is about 6:30 in the morning in the plain area and it will light up at about 7:00 in the mountain area, but breakfast in Xinjiang hotels usually starts at 8:30, lunch time is 13: 00-14: 30, dinner time is about 19: 30-20: 30, and the sun will not set until 22:30 in the evening, so pay attention to adjust the time difference when traveling to Xinjiang.
- Xinjiang has a large number of halal meals, mainly beef and mutton. Cities also have Sichuan, Hunan, Guangdong and other local restaurants with national characteristics. In remote areas and scenic spots, halal meals are the main food. Pasta is the main staple food in Xinjiang, but rice is the main food for group meals. Sheep meat is the main meat in Xinjiang, and the smell of mutton is very small, which is acceptable to the general public.
- Site of Ancient Nilka Copper Mine
- Monument on the Gedeng Mountain
- Ancient Town of Mohe in Ili
- Sudan Vais Khan Mazar, Ili
- Jingyuan Temple in Qapqal, Ili
- The Bell Tower of Huiyuan City, Ili
Recommended Xinjiang Tour Packages
- 1 Day Urumqi City Tour with Xinjiang Museum and Nanshan Pasture
- 1 Day Urumqi City Tour with Heavenly Lake and Grand Bazaar
- 8 Days Silk Road Highlights Tour from Dunhuang to Urumqi
- 9 Days Silk Road Tour and Kanas Lake Adventure from Dunhuang to Urumqi
- 7 Days Northern Xinjiang Tour with Kanas Lake Adventure