Altay Travel Tips
- Area Code: 0906
- Civil Aviation Consulting: 2128686
- Passenger Transport: 2311064
- Information and Telephone Directory: 114
- Weather Service: 2124325
- Tourism Complaint: 2122363
- Consumer Complaint: 12315
- Fuhai County Post Office: No.16 Renmin Road
- Fuhai County Post Office: No.1 Wenhua West Road
- Burqin County Post Offic: Inside of the Burqin Government Building
- Habahe County: No.39 Renmin Road
- Keketuohai Post Office Branch: No.134 Wenhau East Road
- Jiefanglu Post Office: No.39 Jiefang Road, Altay city
- Burqin County People's Hospital: No.5 Youyi Road
- Altay City People's Hospital: No.9 Liudao Lane, Jinshan Road
- Fuyun County People's Hospital: No.268 Wenhua West Road
- Habahe County People's Hospital: Tuanjie North Road
- Fuhai County People's Hospital: No.38 Tuanjie Road
Customs & Taboos
People who believe in Islam have their customs.
Tuva people worship fire, and they do not like people spitting and throwing dirty things into fire. Also, they do not like people striding over the fire. For stepping into their houses, they would step the left first, and for leaving, they would step the right foot first. Those are their customs.
In addition to fire, they worship water as well. Thus, they do not like people to swim, wash clothes, dump trash, or relieve oneself besides the river and well.
Tuva special worship of water, taboo in the water bath, wash his clothes, and taking out the trash, more can't poop and Wells along the river bank.
Climate & Clothing
Parts of Xinjiang are located in places of higher elevation, with strong ultraviolet radiation. In summer, Turpan may experience high temperature beyond 40℃. So you may need some sun protectors with you. Meanwhile, some sunstroke prevention drugs or granules are suitable to take with you.
You’d better not wear contact lenses because of dry climate there, and it’s not convenient to clean them in some areas of poor accommodation.
There are large day and night temperature difference in northern Xinjiang, which could reach 10 to 15 degrees or so, so pay attention to keep warm. In the period of May, June, September and October, you should bring sweaters and woolen overcoat, especially when you spend your night in Heaven Lake of Celestial Mountains or visit Nanshan Pasture, Kanas Lake, No.1 Glacier of Tianshan Mountains, Bayanbulak Grassland, etc.
Matters Need Attention
If you get chances to be invited to Uygur home, there are some customs you may need to know.
Firstly, you would need to wait for the owner to clear away dishes and bowls and then you can leave the table after dining.
While having a meal, you had better not stir up your food and not go to the place they cook. If there are the senior, you had better mind some places where you may not allow to sit.
You had to wash your hands before and after meals, and you can use towel or cloth to dry your them. It is impolite to swing your hands to dry after washing them.
Security check there is very strict. At the airport, all the empty pockets are required to check. You may be asked to take off the shoes and then your feet are needed to be scanned. There would be secondary security check at the boarding channels.
Xinjiang ethnic handicraft knives are not allowed to consign.
Frontier Inspection Station
Visitors to places like Kanas Lake, Khorgos and Khunjerab need to get border permits in Armed Police Frontier Brigade of Burqin county, Huocheng city and Tashikuergan county.