Shuzheng Valley in Jiuzhaigou
Shuzheng Valley represents the trunk of the upside-down "Y" that describes Jiuzhai Valley's main tri-valley system. It is the most visited of the five valleys that make up the Jiuzhai area's valley system.
Type: Scenic Spot
Chinese Name: 九寨沟树正沟
Opening Hours: 08:30-17:00 (Monday Sunday, January 1-december 31)
Admission Ticket:Peak season: 169 RMB
Off season: 80 RMB;
Location: Jiuzhaigou, zhangzha Town, Jiuzhaigou County, Aba Tibetan and Qiang Autonomous Prefecture(阿坝藏族羌族自治州九寨沟县漳扎镇九寨沟)
Where is Shuzheng Valley?
The Shuzheng Valley is the northern branch of Jiuzhaigou. It ends after 14.5 km at the Y-shaped intersection of the three gullies. It is about 14 kilometers in length with over 40 lakes.
Main Attractions of Shuzheng Valley
The major scenic spots of Shuzheng Valley are Double-Dragon Lake, Bonsai Beach, Reed Lake, Spark Lake, Tiger Lake, Shuzheng Waterfall, Rhinoceros Lake, and Nuorilang Waterfall, etc.
- Nuorilang Falls, near the junction of the valleys, are 20 m high and 320 m wide. They are reportedly the widest highland waterfall in China, the widest travertine-topped waterfall in the world, and one of the symbols of Jiuzhaigou. Nuorilang Pabu means “waterfall” and nuorilang is Tibetan for “grand and magnificent”, lies just north of the confluence of the Zechawa River and the Peacock River of Rize Valley, where these two rivers feed into the Shuzheng River, meaning that it lies just north of the fork in the Jiuzhai Valley’s main tri-valley system.
- Xiniu Hai is the cluster lake closest to Nuorilang Waterfall. It is the largest of Shuzheng Valley’s lakes, and is possibly its most beautiful, partly because the lake, surrounded by steep valley walls on either side, reflects the valley walls and the skies above in such an uncanny way that it can be a bit disorienting to view, since one is never quite sure which image is the real one and which is the reflected one.
- Nuorilang Lakes and Shuzheng Lakes are stepped series of respectively 18 and 19 ribbon lakes formed by the passage of glaciers, then naturally dammed. Some of them have their own folkloric names, such as the Rhinoceros, Unknown, and Tiger lakes.
How to Get to Shuzheng Valley?
Travel with China Dragon Tours (top recommended)
If you want to get rid of hustle of transportation and troublesome navigation, you can book a private tour package which covers visiting, dining and transfer from us. Our local tour guide and driver will escort you to Shuzheng Valley with speed and convenience, and take care of all the details. You just need to focus on travel.
Chengdu Xinnanmen Station has buses to Jiuzhaigou scenic spot at 6:30, 7:00, 7:30, 8:00 and 8:10 every day;
Chengdu Chazidian Bus Station has three direct flights to Jiuzhaigou scenic spot before 8:40 every day.
Recommended Jiuzhaigou Tour Packages
- 5 Day Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou Highlights Tour
- 3 Days Jiuzhaigou Valley & Huanglong National Park Local Tour
- 4 Days Jiuzhaigou & Huanglong National Park Bus Tour from Chengdu
- 5 Days Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong and Songpan Tour with Horse Riding Experience
- 6 Days Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong, Langmusi Monastery and Ruoergai Grassland Tour
- 8 Days Nianbaoyuze Trekking and Langmusi Ruoergai Jiuzhaigou Tour
- 12 Days China Nature Wonders Tour with Jiuzhaigou and Zhangjiajie
- Jiuzhaigou Valley and Historic Interest Area
- Munigou Valley in Jiuzhaigou
- Fairy Pool Scenic Area in Jiuzhaigou
- Rize Valley in Jiuzhaigou
- Zechawa Valley in Jiuzhaigou