Fairy Pool Scenic Area in Jiuzhaigou
The Fairy Pool Area is a famous attraction in Jiuzhaigou Valley. In Tibetan, the Fairy Pool Scenic Area is called Nen'en Sangcuo, meaning "a place where fairies bathe.".
Chinese Name: 九寨沟神仙池风景区
Opening Hours: 8:00 - 18:00
Admission Ticket: 8:30-17:00 (Monday Sunday, January 1-december 31)
Location:Jiuzhaigou, zhangzha Town, Jiuzhaigou County, Aba Tibetan and Qiang Autonomous Prefecture(阿坝藏族羌族自治州九寨沟县漳扎镇九寨沟)
Fairy Pool Scenic Area
The Fairy Pool Area is situated in Dalu Township, which is about 49 kilometers far from the entrance to the Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest It is a famous attraction in Jiuzhaigou Valley. In Tibetan, the Fairy Pool Scenic Area is called Nen’en Sangcuo, meaning “a place where fairies bathe.”.
Why is Fairy Pool Scenic Area So Special?
The Fairy Pool Scenic Area, combining the characteristics of the Jiuzhaigou Valley and the Huanglong National Scenic Reserve, comprises about 2,000 alpine lakes and travertine pools. Pools of various shapes and sizes are scattered throughout the lush forest.
Main Attractions of Fairy Pool Scenic Area
The most celebrated attractions are the Golden and Silver Beach, the Double-Dragon Pool, the Divine Frog Sea, the Blue Dragon Sea, the Kermes Brooklet and the travertine waterfalls.
- The Fairy Pools are celebrated for the three huge colorful pools and a group of small stone dams. The three pools are known as the Big Lake, the Green Sea and the Big Sea, each covering an area of about 6,667 square meters. The colors of the dams are white or pale yellow. The calcified stones in the water resemble agates, corals and pearls.
- Historical and cultural attractions in the Fairy Pool Scenic Area include the Horses Passage where Songtsen Gampo and his troops once passed and the Tianbao Museum. Songtsen Gamp was the founder of the Tibetan Regime in ancient China.
- In the Tianbao Museum, tourists can see many lumbermen’s cottages and tools. They provide evidence of the human destruction of the environment.
How to Get to Fairy Pool Scenic Area in Jiuzhaigou?
Travel with China Dragon Tours (top recommended)
If you want to get rid of hustle of transportation and troublesome navigation, you can book a private tour package which covers visiting, dining and transfer from us. Our local tour guide and driver will escort you to Fairy Pool Scenic Area in Jiuzhaigou with speed and convenience, and take care of all the details. You just need to focus on travel.
Take a bus from Chengdu Chadianzi Bus Station to Jiuzhaigou County at 8:30am, and then hire a local car to the scenic area.
Useful Travel Tips
1 – 1.3m (3.3 – 4.3 feet)
|Entrance Fee||Apr. 1 – Nov. 10||CNY 100||CNY 90|
|Nov. 11 – Mar. 31||CNY 80||CNY 65|
|Sightseeing Bus Fee||CNY 90||CNY 70|
|Electric Car Fee||CNY 40||CNY 30|
- This scenic area holds no more than 2,000 people per day ensuring that tourists can enjoy the most appealing sceneries and the best services.
- Free for children under 1m.
The average temperature varies between 5℃ and 12 5℃ in Spring; the temperature between 13 ℃ and 21 ℃ in Summer; the average temperature varies between 4 ℃ and 13 ℃ in Autumn;the average temperature varies between 0 ℃ and 3 ℃in Winter.
Recommended Jiuzhaigou Tour Packages
- 5 Day Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou Highlights Tour
- 3 Days Jiuzhaigou Valley & Huanglong National Park Local Tour
- 4 Days Jiuzhaigou & Huanglong National Park Bus Tour from Chengdu
- 5 Days Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong and Songpan Tour with Horse Riding Experience
- 6 Days Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong, Langmusi Monastery and Ruoergai Grassland Tour
- 8 Days Nianbaoyuze Trekking and Langmusi Ruoergai Jiuzhaigou Tour
- 12 Days China Nature Wonders Tour with Jiuzhaigou and Zhangjiajie
- Jiuzhaigou Valley and Historic Interest Area
- Munigou Valley in Jiuzhaigou
- Shuzheng Valley in Jiuzhaigou
- Rize Valley in Jiuzhaigou
- Zechawa Valley in Jiuzhaigou