Prince Slope (Fuzhenguan) in Mount Wudang
According to the view of restoration, this ancient building on the 60-degree steep slope of Shizi Peak in Wudang Mountain has been praised by modern architects as a classic work of building on steep slopes.
Chinese Name: 复真观（太子坡）
English Name: Prince Slope (Fuzhenguan) in Mount Wudang
Type: Wuhan Scenic Area, Wuhan famous spots & Artificial attractions
Best Time: All Year Around
Recommended Visiting Hours: 2-3 hours
Location: Wudang Mountain Tourism Special Economic Zone in Shiyan City, Hubei Province
Why is Prince Slope So Special?
According to the view of restoration, this ancient building on the 60-degree steep slope of Shizi Peak in Wudang Mountain has been praised by modern architects as a classic work of building on steep slopes. On the back of the mountain lion lies the view of restoration, on the right there is the Tianchi waterfall, on the left there are 18 plank roads, on the far side it looks like lotus in the water, on the near side it looks like a splendid city. The ancient masters of architecture not only created an area of 16,000 square meters but also built more than 200 halls by skillfully using the mountain terrain.
Where is Prince Slope
In the northwest of Hubei province of Tourism Special Economic Zone in Shiyan City.
History of Prince Slope
Wudang Mountain View of Restoration is also known as Prince Slope.
According to records, in the 10th year of Yongle in the Ming Dynasty, Chu Di, the father of the Ming Dynasty, built 29 halls and gates of the Xuandi Emperor. In the 32nd year of Jiajing’s reign in the Ming Dynasty, more than 200 halls were expanded.
During the reign of Kangxi in Qing Dynasty, it was repaired three times. In the 20th to 26th years of Ganlong’s reign in the Qing Dynasty, the main hall, the mountain gate and other halls were rebuilt. Due to disrepair, the damage was serious.
In 1982, the state invested in a comprehensive renovation of the concept of restoration and restored its true colors. It was included in the provincial and national key cultural relics protection units.
Main Attractions of Prince Slope
The ancient building complex in Prince Slope was designed according to the story of Zhenwu cultivation. The ancient building masters skillfully used the mountain terrain to build a wall like undulating waves, known as the Jiuqu Yellow River Wall. Entering Erdaoshan Gate, a broad courtyard suddenly appeared. Walking in, I saw the small courtyard overlapping, quiet and elegant. The overall layout of Prince Slope was uneven, scattered, coordinated and perfect, clever and mysterious. Place oneself in the highest place of the view of restoration of truth, looking down at the deep ravines and streams flowing green; Looking at the mountains, thousands of peaks show up.
The main attractions of this scenic spot include the exquisitely carved well pavilion of the needle grinding well, the Paleozoic marine invertebrate “right angle stone” and the murals of “Zhenwu Xiuzhen”. It is like 18 sets of ancient paths with colorful ribbons fluttering up and down, various strange rocks in Jiudu ravine, jade virtual rocks with steep risks and unique features, and so on.
Best Time to Travel Prince Slope
The best time to pay a visit is in March to May & September to November.
Wuhan has a monsoon (humid) climate in the northern subtropics, which is characterized by abundant rainfall, sufficient heat, the same season of rain and heat, the same season of light and heat, the same season of winter and Leng Xia heat, and distinct seasons. In spring, there is a temple fair on the 3rd of March in the Chinese lunar calendar, which is a good opportunity to experience the local culture. In autumn, Wudang International Tourism Festival is the best time to learn Wudang traditional culture.
How to Get There
- By train: from Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Wuhan or some other cities by train, get off at Wudang mountain station. Change to No.202 or 203 intercity bus and go directly to the scenic spot.
- Take a bus:
1. Starting from Shiyan: No.202 intercity bus can take tourists from Shiyan Railway Station to the mountain in 70 minutes.
2. From Xi ‘an: There are three direct tour buses to the scenic spot every day. It takes about 4 hours for a coach to leave Xi ‘an coach station opposite Xi ‘an railway station. the fare is CNY 111.5 yuan. The other two long-distance buses depart from coach station at Sanfu bay at 8:00 and 13:00 respectively, which takes about 4.5 hours and costs CNY 159 yuan. They all reached coach station 400 meters (440 yards) west of the entrance to Wudang mountain.
3. Starting from Wuhan: There is a through bus at Jinjiadun bus station, which starts at 13:40 every day. It takes about 6 hours and costs 179 yuan per person
- Flying: Tourists can fly from Xi ‘an, Tianjin, Kunming, Wuhan and Hangzhou to Wudang Mountain Airport. Then take a taxi to reach the mountain at a cost of 60-80 yuan RMB.
Useful Travel Tips
|Ticket Price||Entrance ticket: CNY 130; valid for 3 days
Sigtseeing bus fee: CNY 100
Golden Palace: CNY 27
Grand Purple Cloud Palace: CNY 15
1. Visitors need to pay extra CNY 5 for insurance.
2. Visitors can take the sightseeing bus unlimitedly with a valid ticket.
|Cable Car||Feb. 1 – Oct. 31: Up: CNY 90; Down: CNY 80
Nov. 1 – Next Jan. 31: Up: CNY 70; Down: CNY 60
|Opening Hours||08:00 – 17:00|
- Liangzi Lake
- Wuhan Yangtze River Bridge
- East Lake in Wuhan
- Guiyuan Temple in Wuhan
- Yellow Crane Tower in Wuhan
- Hubei Provincial Museum