Longchuan Grand Canyon in Wuyi Mountain, Fujian
Longchuan Grand Canyon is located in Tongcun Village, Xingcun Town, Wuyishan City, Fujian Province. It belongs to the protection zone of the ecological environment protection zone in the upper reaches of Jiuqu River within the scope of Wuyishan World Cultural and Natural Heritage Site. The Longchuan Grand Canyon is full of vegetation and beautiful scenery. The waterfall flows down the mountain. Under the illumination of the sun, the mountain body of Danxia reflects the charming colorful halo, which is beautiful, like a fairyland.
English Name: Longchuan Grand Canyon
Chinese Name: 龙川大峡谷
Opening Hours: 8:00-17:00
Best Time: June - October
Recommended Visiting Hours: 1 or 2 hours
Address: Longchuan Grand Canyon Scenic Spot, Wuyishan City, Nanping City
Longchuan Grand Canyon
Longchuan Grand Canyon (龙川大峡谷) is 21 kilometers from the Wuyi Mountains Entrance and 18 kilometers from the core area of the preserve.
This canyon world is a realm of mountain peaks, gardens, and waterfalls. There are various species of animals and birds. Ancient trees with giant vines entwined thrusts into the sky. Elegant waterfalls cascade along the rugged surface of the mountains; their silvery curtains bouncing off the rock and reflect the colorful sunlight. The waterfalls give a poetic touch to the picturesque landscape.
The Best Time to Visit Wuyi Mountain
June–October is the best time to visit Wuyi Mountain. It is open year round, but visitors can best enjoy the many wonders of nature during warm, dry days. Xiamen is subject to monsoon rains between June and September. During this period, the plants glow well and river is fuller.
How to Get There
- The nearby airport of Nanping Wuyishan gives visitors direct access to the town and park. Visitors can take a taxi from the airport to the city of Wuyishan, the distance being just 9 kilometers. Taxis charge 10 yuan for the first 5 km and then 2 yuan for every additional kilometer.
- Several trains connect the park from the cities of Xiamen and Fuzhou, as well as G trains from Beijing and Shanghai.
Useful Travel Tips
- A public bus operates inside the park (number 6), but most of the important sites are within walking distance of one another.
- Whether you’re interested in hiking, boating, bird watching, tea estates, waterfalls, cultural heritage sites, or simply want to explore a beautiful, pollution-free part of China, the Wuyi Mountain range offers something for everyone.
- The ticket price in the peak season (March to November) is reduced from 160 yuan to 140 yuan, and in the off season (December to February) is reduced from 160 yuan to 120 yuan (valid within 3 days)
- Take bus Wuyishan No.5 to the south entrance station of the scenic spot, and walk there.
- From March 1 to October 31 (summer), 06:30-18:00; from November 1 to February 29 (winter), 07:00-17:00; special: the garden is closed for half a day at 14:00 on Lunar New Year’s Eve, only open in the morning.
Recommended Wuyi Mountain Tour
- 3 Days Wuyishan Tour
- 4 Days Wuyishan Tour
- 5 Days Fujian Highlights Tour with Fujian Tulou and Wuyishan Mountain
Main Attractions in Fujian Province
- Royal Tea Garden
- Water Curtain Cave
- Jiuqu Stream
- Wuyi Mountains
- Qingjing Mosque
- Lingshan Mountain Park
- The Islamic Holy Tombs
- Kaiyuan Temple