Jiuqu Stream in Wuyi Mountain, Fujian
Nine-Bend Creek (九曲溪) is the centerpiece of Mt. Wuyi. This river is aptly named, as it abruptly changes course nine times over its 8.5 square-kilometer region of the park. Two gorgeous waterfalls, known as the Green Dragon Waterfall and Phoenix Waterfall, are a particularly beautiful attraction.
English Name: Jiuqu Stream
Chinese Name: 九曲溪
Opening Hours: 8:00-17:00
Best Time: June - October
Recommended Visiting Hours: 1 or 2 hours
Address: Jiuqu Stream Scenic Spot, Wuyishan City, Nanping City
Nine-Bend Creek (九曲溪) is the centerpiece of Mt. Wuyi. This river is aptly named, as it abruptly changes course nine times over its 8.5 square-kilometer region of the park. Two gorgeous waterfalls, known as the Green Dragon Waterfall and Phoenix Waterfall, are a particularly beautiful attraction. A few caves are located directly adjacent to the waterfalls, giving visitors an unparalleled view through the cascade of water.
The Nine-Bend Creek is flanked on either side by mountain peaks and stones of unusual shapes that are interwoven with various watercourses. Each bend forms a unique picturesque and poetic landscape and each landscape has its own name. There are bamboo rafts for visitors.
The Best Time to Visit Wuyi Mountain
June–October is the best time to visit Wuyi Mountain. It is open year round, but visitors can best enjoy the many wonders of nature during warm, dry days. Xiamen is subject to monsoon rains between June and September. During this period, the plants glow well and river is fuller.
How to Get There
- The nearby airport of Nanping Wuyishan gives visitors direct access to the town and park. Visitors can take a taxi from the airport to the city of Wuyishan, the distance being just 9 kilometers. Taxis charge 10 yuan for the first 5 km and then 2 yuan for every additional kilometer.
- Several trains connect the park from the cities of Xiamen and Fuzhou, as well as G trains from Beijing and Shanghai.
Useful Travel Tips
- A public bus operates inside the park (number 6), but most of the important sites are within walking distance of one another.
- Whether you’re interested in hiking, boating, bird watching, tea estates, waterfalls, cultural heritage sites, or simply want to explore a beautiful, pollution-free part of China, the Wuyi Mountain range offers something for everyone.
- The ticket price in the peak season (March to November) is reduced from 160 yuan to 140 yuan, and in the off season (December to February) is reduced from 160 yuan to 120 yuan (valid within 3 days)
- Take bus Wuyishan No.5 to the south entrance station of the scenic spot, and walk there.
- From March 1 to October 31 (summer), 06:30-18:00; from November 1 to February 29 (winter), 07:00-17:00; special: the garden is closed for half a day at 14:00 on Lunar New Year’s Eve, only open in the morning.
Recommended Wuyi Mountain Tour
- 3 Days Wuyishan Tour
- 4 Days Wuyishan Tour
- 5 Days Fujian Highlights Tour with Fujian Tulou and Wuyishan Mountain
Main Attractions in Fujian Province
- Longchuan Grand Canyon
- Royal Tea Garden
- Water Curtain Cave
- Wuyi Mountains
- Qingjing Mosque
- Lingshan Mountain Park
- The Islamic Holy Tombs
- Kaiyuan Temple