Jimei University in Xiamen
Jimei University Facts
Jimei University, a key university located in Xiamen City, Fujian Province, is jointly constructed by the Ministry of Transport, the State Oceanic Administration, the Fujian Provincial Government and the Xiamen Municipal Government. The University enrolls students from all over the country as well as from overseas. There are currently over 27,000 students.
Chinese Name: 厦门集美大学
Type: Famous Universities on Fujian
Address: Xinxue Village, Tongan District, Xiamen City, Fujian Province
Best Seasons: All year round
Recommended Visiting Hours: about 1-2 hours
Why is Jimei University So Special?
- Jimei University was invested to founded in 1925, Mr. Tan Kah Kee founded a total of 12 schools in succession, ranging from the girls’ primary school, kindergarten teachers’ school, girls’ normal school, normal school, middle school to the senior training schools, such as aquatic products, navigation, agriculture, forest, commerce and trade school, forming the large-scale Jimei University. Over the past several dozens years, the university has trained numerous talents.
- Jimei University is one of the earlier universities of its kind in Fujian Province entitled to enroll international students including those from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, and overseas Chinese students.
Brief Introduction of Xiamen Jimei University
Established in 1996, Jimei University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the large city of Xiamen (population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants), Fujian. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Department of Education, Fujian Province, Jimei University is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 25,000-29,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Jimei University offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details.
Architecture Style of Jimei University
Recommended Xiamen Tour Packages
- Xiamen Gulangyu Island Half-day tour
- 5 Days Fujian Province Adoption Heritage Tour
- 4 Days Fujian Tulou Cycling Tour from Xiamen
- 8 Days Fujian Xiamen and Wuyishan Tea Culture Tour
- 4 Days Xiamen City and Fujian Tulou Tour
- 1 Day Xiamen City & Gulang Yu Island Tour
Best Seasons to Visit Xiamen
Xiamen has a subtropical climate, which is generally temperate with abundant rainwater. It has an average annual temperature of approximately 21 centigrade. There is no intense heat in summer and no extreme cold in winter in Xiamen. The city has an average annual rainfall of about 1200mm (47 inches), mainly during the months from May to August. Wind power reaches Grade 3 to 4 in general, with northeast wind representing the dominant wind direction. Owing to the air currents resulting from the difference in temperature in the Pacific, Xiamen is hit by typhoon three or four times annually on average, which mainly occurs during the months from July to September. Xiamen is suitable for traveling all year round, and the best seasons are spring and autumn.
How to get to Jimei University
Travel with ChinaDragonTours (top recommended)
If you want to get out of the traffic and hassle of navigation, you can book a private tour package that includes visiting, dining and transfer from us. Our local guide and driver will escort you to Xiamen Jimei University in the fastest and most convenient way and take care of all the details. You just have to focus on the visiting.
Useful Travel Tips
Phone Dialing Code: 0592
Traffic alarm: 122
Local telephone inquiry station: 114
Emergency center: 120
Tourist complaint: 86-592-5318985
Mayor hotline: 86-592-5053333
Taxi complaint: 86-592-5615610
Price supervision: 86-592-12358
Complaint telephone of public security bureau: 86-592-2025502
Complaint telephone of industrial and commercial bureau: 86-592-12315
- Shuzhuang Garden
- Sunlight Rock Scenic Area
- South Putuo Temple
- Hulishan Fortress
- Overseas Chinese Museum
- Xiamen University