Hengdian World Studios in Dongyang City, Jinhua
Experience the sensation of traveling back in time within the antique buildings. There are many performances to watch here. If you are lucky, you might even encounter production crews and movie stars at work. There are seven scenic spots in Hengdian World Studios: Palace of Ming and Qing Dynasties, The Palace of Emperor Qin, Guangzhou Street, Hong Kong Street, Qing Ming Shang He Tu, Dream Valley, Dazhi Temple and Pinyan Cave House.
English Name: Hengdian World Studios in Dongyang City
Chinese Name: 东阳市横店世界影城
Opening Hours: 8:00–17:00(Summer);8:30–16:30(Winter)
Ticket Price: 390 RMB (Joint tickets)
Best Time: All year round
Recommended Visiting Hours: 2 or 4 hours
Address: No. 58 South Wansheng Street, Hengdian town, Dongyang, Jinhua city, Zhejiang
Hengdian World Studios
Hengdian World Studios located in the town of Hengdian in Jinhua, 160 kilometers away from Hangzhou and within the 4-hour-transportation tourism and economy circle, is the largest film and teleplay shooting base in Asia, covering an area of 121 square kilometers. Hengdian World Studios was originally built during the mid-1990s with an accumulative investment of 3 billion yuan.
Why is Hengdian World Studios So Special
With all the scenic spots open to tourists, Hengdian World Studios has become a tourism leisure resort with a unique charm. Today, the studio has a full set of facilities, including an amusement park, nightclub, sauna, performing arts center, health club and bowling center. Hengdian World Studios now is listed as a national AAAAA level Scenic Spot, and is indeed a sight should not to be missed.
Introduction of Hengdian World Studios
The Hengdian World Studio is now a popular film & TV production base and has taken “Chinawood” as its informal title given by a Los Angles-based magazine, The Hollywood Reporter. Last year’s blockbuster, Hero, directed by Zhang Yimou, was shot there.
The emerging film & TV making industry has boosted local tourism. More than 10 upscale hotels have been made, with accommodation for 7000 people. Also included is a resort village, covering an area of 164 acres, an international trade building with a capacity for over 1,000 people, and a tourism mansion. All the hotels, fancy or modest, are equipped with entertainment facilities, nightclubs, sauna centers, performance centers, gyms, and bowling halls.
The studio consists of 13 shooting bases with a total area of up to 330 ha. and building areas of 495,995 square meters. In addition to its huge scale, the studio also has several records which includes:
- Largest Indoor Buddha Figure in China.
- Largest Scale Indoor Studio.
- Highest number of Films and Teleplay Shoots as of 2005.
Where is Hengdian World Studios Location
Situated in the middle of Dongyang City of eastern China’s Zhejiang Province, Hengdian has easy access to surrounding cities and provinces.
- 4-hour-ride to Shanghai and Jiangsu, Fujian and Jiangxi provinces;
- 36 kilometers away from Yiwu, the largest trading center for small commodities in China;
- 160 kilometers away from Hangzhou, capital of Zhejiang Province;
- 90 kilometers from Jinhua City.
Useful Travel Tips
- There are many different wonderful shows taking place in the scenic spots at any time. It is advised that visitors who want to enjoy the shows check the information carefully in advance.
- Free admission for children who stand 3.9 feet (1.2 meters) or less in height. Children between 3.9 feet (1.2 meters) and 4.9 feet (1.5 meters) in height are admitted at half price.
Recommended Tour Packages
- 2 Days Hangzhou Silk Culture Tour
- Hangzhou West Lake Night Cruise Tour
- 1 Day Hangzhou Tour to Xixi National Wetland Park, West Lake Cruise and Dragon Well Tea Plantation
- 2 Days Hangzhou City Highlights Tour
- Hangzhou Grand Canal and Qiantang River Night Cruise Tour
- 5 Days Hangzhou and Huangshan Tour by Speed Train
- 1 Day Hangzhou City Group Tour from Shanghai
Main Attractions in Zhejiang province
- Twin Peaks Piercing the Clouds
- Jingci Temple
- Baochu Pagoda
- Leifeng Pagoda
- Fenghuang Mosque
- Viewing Fish at Flower Harbor
- Zhuge Village
- Longyou Grottoes
- Yunhe Rice Terrace
- Xitang Water Town