Golden Palace in Mount Wudang
It is a rare treasure in ancient Chinese architecture and casting technology and is a national key cultural relic protection unit.
Chinese Name: 武当山金殿
English Name: Golden Palace in Mount Wudang
Type: Wuhan Scenic Area, Wuhan famous spots & Artificial attractions
Best Time: All Year Around
Recommended Visiting Hours: 2-3 hours
Opening Hours:08:00 - 17:00
Location: Wudang Mountain Tourism Special Economic Zone in Shiyan City, Hubei Province
Why is Golden Palace So Special?
Wudang Mountain Golden Palace is located in the Wudang Mountain Tourism Special Economic Zone in Shiyan City, Hubei Province. Wudang Mountain, also known as Taihe Mountain, has a total area of 312 square kilometers and is a national AAAAA tourist attraction. In 1994, the ancient buildings in Wudang Mountain were listed in the World Cultural Heritage List. In 2006, 62 ancient buildings in Wudang Mountain were listed as national key cultural relics protection units.
Where is Golden Palace
olden Hall in Wudang Mount is located on the Tianzhu Peak. In the northwest of Hubei province of Tourism Special Economic Zone in Shiyan City.
History of Golden Palace
Built in 1416 of the Ming Dynasty, it is made of gold materials and has a wooden architectural style, hence the name Gold Hall. Despite more than 500 years of wind, frost, rain, snow and lightning, things are still resplendent and magnificent, and they are as beautiful as ever. They are rare treasures in ancient Chinese architecture and casting technology and belong to key national cultural relics protection units.
Main Attractions of Golden Palace
It is the symbol of Wudang Mountain. It represents the heyday and lofty position of Taoism in the ancient royal system. Standing in front of the golden temple, tourists can have a bird’s eye view of Wudang mountain. The majestic mountains are solid, and the worship and sacred atmosphere make this place the holiest place in Wudang Mountain. The golden hall was first cast part by part and then riveted and welded together. This connection is accurate and complete without any casting or gouging marks. Despite more than 500 years of natural erosion and lightning attacks, the palace is still resplendent and magnificent, as if it were new, and is regarded as a pearl in the history of ancient Chinese architecture and casting technology. There is a bronze statue of Zhenwu in the Golden Hall. This is another name for the Northern Emperor, a popular Taoist god. More gilded bronze statues stood around the statue. Between them, statues and halls represent the best bronze wares of the Ming Dynasty.
Best Time to Travel Golden Palace
The best time to pay a visit is in March to May & September to November.
Wuhan has a monsoon (humid) climate in the northern subtropics, which is characterized by abundant rainfall, sufficient heat, the same season of rain and heat, the same season of light and heat, the same season of winter and Leng Xia heat, and distinct seasons. In spring, there is a temple fair on the 3rd of March in the Chinese lunar calendar, which is a good opportunity to experience the local culture. In autumn, Wudang International Tourism Festival is the best time to learn Wudang traditional culture.
How to Get There
- By train: from Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Wuhan or some other cities by train, get off at Wudang mountain station. Change to No.202 or 203 intercity bus and go directly to the scenic spot.
- Take a bus:
1. Starting from Shiyan: No.202 intercity bus can take tourists from Shiyan Railway Station to the mountain in 70 minutes.
2. From Xi ‘an: There are three direct tour buses to the scenic spot every day. It takes about 4 hours for a coach to leave Xi ‘an coach station opposite Xi ‘an railway station. the fare is CNY 111.5 yuan. The other two long-distance buses depart from coach station at Sanfu bay at 8:00 and 13:00 respectively, which takes about 4.5 hours and costs CNY 159 yuan. They all reached coach station 400 meters (440 yards) west of the entrance to Wudang mountain.
3. Starting from Wuhan: There is a through bus at Jinjiadun bus station, which starts at 13:40 every day. It takes about 6 hours and costs 179 yuan per person
- Flying: Tourists can fly from Xi ‘an, Tianjin, Kunming, Wuhan and Hangzhou to Wudang Mountain Airport. Then take a taxi to reach the mountain at a cost of 60-80 yuan RMB.
Useful Travel Tips
|Ticket Price||Entrance ticket: CNY 130; valid for 3 days
Sigtseeing bus fee: CNY 100
Golden Palace: CNY 27
Grand Purple Cloud Palace: CNY 15
1. Visitors need to pay extra CNY 5 for insurance.
2. Visitors can take the sightseeing bus unlimitedly with a valid ticket.
|Cable Car||Feb. 1 – Oct. 31: Up: CNY 90; Down: CNY 80
Nov. 1 – Next Jan. 31: Up: CNY 70; Down: CNY 60
|Opening Hours||08:00 – 17:00|
- Liangzi Lake
- Wuhan Yangtze River Bridge
- East Lake in Wuhan
- Guiyuan Temple in Wuhan
- Yellow Crane Tower in Wuhan
- Hubei Provincial Museum