Yulong Bridge in Yangshuo County, Guilin
The section of the river that extends from Yulong Bridge in Baisha Town to Gongnong Bridge near the Banyan Tree beside Shili Gallery is called Yulong River Scenic Area, including some spectacular scenery along the banks of the river.
English Name: Yulong Bridge in Yangshuo County, Guilin
Type: Guilin Scenic Area, Guilin famous spots & Guilin attractions
Best Time: All Year Around
Recommended Visiting Hours: 2-3 hours
Location: originated in Lingui County
Why is Yulong Bridge So Special?
The Chinese word “Yulong” refers to “meeting a dragon”. According to local legend, a dragon from the East China Sea wandered through the Yulong River and was deeply moved by the charming scenery and decided to stay there forever. Villagers living on the bank of the river saw dragons many times, so the river was named dragon.
Where is Yulong Bridge
Yulong River, also known as the Little Lijiang River, originated in Lingui County, Yangshuo. The river is about 43 kilometers (26 miles) long and has a drainage area of about 158 square kilometers (39,043 acres).
Main Attraction of Yulong Bridge
The Yulong River Scenic Area has many tourist attractions interspersed with cultural and historical ones. The languid river is surrounded by a primitive, but pure, natural landscape, combined with green bamboo forests and rolling hills. Visitors to the area will delight in the picturesque scenes of simple rural life: bamboo waterwheels irrigating the paddy fields; village girls hand washing clothes outside of their cottages with smoke curling upward from the chimneys; old men fishing in the river; flocks of ducks swimming in the pond. Idyllic scenes such as these will allow tourists to forget their problems and experience a sense of calm relaxation.
Other natural scenic spots along the river that cannot be missed are Banyan Tree, Moon Mountain, Wuzhishan Mountain, Lion Rock, Longtan, butterfly spring, Tian Ping Green Space, Baxian Cave, Rhino Pool and Chaoyang Village.
Historical attractions include Yangshuo’s three most famous ancient bridges: Yulong Bridge; Fuli Bridge; Xianggui Bridge (the oldest single arch bridge in Guangxi). Han Dynasty (206-220 BC) tombs, Guiyi County ruins, Jianshan Temple (Guangxi’s largest temple) and Pan Manor are also worth visiting. In order to appreciate the simplicity and elegance, tourists should visit the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) and Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) style dwellings in the old county.
Two Ways to Enjoy Scenery
The first is by the river and rented a bamboo raft. The route will take about 6 hours from Jinlong Bridge to Gongnong Bridge. Please don’t rent those rafts without ensuring the life buoy in advance. The second is to enjoy the beautiful scenery along the river and the countryside on foot. This option takes about 4.5 hours.
Best Time to Travel Yulong Bridge
The best travel time is April to October.
Guilin has a relatively low latitude. Belongs to the subtropical humid monsoon climate. Generally speaking, Guilin has a mild climate with distinct seasons and excellent climatic conditions. The annual average temperature is 19.3℃, which is said to be “less snow in three winters and flowers in four seasons”. When traveling to Guilin, the best season is from April to October each year, during which there will be two golden weeks of “may day” and “November”, which is also the peak period of tourism. Guilin with suitable climate will have many tourists, room reservation and transportation will also enter a climax, and the price will rise compared with usual. therefore, it is better to avoid this time and choose an off-season to travel and appreciate the beauty of the world.
How To Get There
- Take the bus (Yangshuo – Guilin), getting off at Baisha Town, and then walk to Yulong Bridge.
- Rent a bicycle at the West Street in Yangshuo and ride along the river bank upstream to Yulong Bridge. It takes about 20-30 minutes.
- Take the special tour bus to enjoy the river and the bus fare is CNY 60. It can be taken unlimited times a day.
Useful Travel Tips
- It costs CNY 240 (per bamboo raft) by drifting along the Yulong River (from Jinlong Bridge to Gongnong Bridge).
- The Yulong River scenic area has been under traffic control between 07:00 and 19:00 every day since September 15, 2017. Visitors can only enter the area by foot, bicycle, or special tour bus.
- Guilin Merryland Theme Park
- Green Lotus Hotel in Yangshuo, Guilin
- Baimian Yao Village in Longsheng County, Guilin
- Impression of Liu Sanjie in Guilin
- Sun and Moon Twin Pagodas in Guilin
- Gudong Waterfall Scenic Area, Guilin
Recommended Guilin Tour Packages
- 1 Day Longsheng Rice Terraces and Ethnic Minority Culture Tour
- 1 Day Guilin Li River Cruise Tour
- 1 Day Guilin Li River Cruise Group Tour
- 1-Day Li River Cruise and Yangshuo Highlights Tour
- Half-Day Guilin Tour with Elephant Trunk Hill, Reed Flute Cave, Fubo Hill