Xianggongshan Hill in Yangshuo County, Guilin
The light and shadow, sea of clouds, sunrise and rosy clouds here have attracted numerous photographers and photography lovers. The works shot by Guilin photographers here won the bronze medal of the 10th International Film Festival.
Chinese Name: 相公山
English Name: Xianggongshan Hill in Yangshuo County, Guilin
Type: Guilin Scenic Area, Guilin famous spots & Guilin attractions
Best Time: All Year Around
Recommended Visiting Hours: 2-3 hours
Location: Located in Xingping Town, Yangshuo County
Why is Xianggongshan Hill So Special?
At first, Xianggong Mountain was just a small karst hill on the west bank of Lijiang River in Yangshuo County, Guilin. A few years ago, a local photographer took some photos on this mountain top and won a bronze medal in an international photography competition. Xianggong Mountain became famous overnight. Since then, it has become a popular tourist destination for enthusiastic photographers.
Where is Xianggongshan Hill
Main Attraction of Xianggongshan Hill
There is a row of grey ceramic tile houses at the entrance. A wooden plaque is hung above the main entrance with four Chinese characters engraved on it, meaning to provide a panoramic view. From these words, you can guess how Xianggong Mountain will entertain you. Through the entrance, you will begin to climb the stone steps. On the way, you may think that the scenery here is dwarfed by so many beautiful scenic spots in Yangshuo. However, when you reach the top of the mountain in about 15 minutes, you will be amazed at the beautiful scenery.
Standing on the three-storey sightseeing stage, you can look over a panorama of Yangshuo landscape. The meandering Li River, embraced by rolling hills on both banks, makes a 180-degree bend here. The sea of clouds, sunrise and rosy sunglows will surely not disappoint you. Looking downwards, boats and bamboo rafts sail down the river. Fishermen work on the river side. White farming houses are scattered here and there on the vast fields. In the distance, hills rise one above the other, partly visible and partly hidden. In sunny days, the water surface is checkered with sunlight and shadows, making you believe that you have set foot on a wonderland.
If you come to Yangshuo, do not miss Xianggong Mountain, the best spot to have a bird view of the sceneries along Li River! Just press the shutter and keep Yangshuo a life-long memory!
Best Time to Travel Xianggongshan Hill
The best travel time is April to October.
Guilin has a relatively low latitude. Belongs to the subtropical humid monsoon climate. Generally speaking, Guilin has a mild climate with distinct seasons and excellent climatic conditions. The annual average temperature is 19.3℃, which is said to be “less snow in three winters and flowers in four seasons”. When traveling to Guilin, the best season is from April to October each year, during which there will be two golden weeks of “may day” and “November”, which is also the peak period of tourism. Guilin with suitable climate will have many tourists, room reservation and transportation will also enter a climax, and the price will rise compared with usual. therefore, it is better to avoid this time and choose an off-season to travel and appreciate the beauty of the world.
- The best time to take photos here is in the sunny morning, so pay attention to the weather forecast before going there. If you want to photograph the sunrise, you need to reach the mountain at about 5 o’clock in the morning.
- It is suggested to live in Xianggong Mountain Villa at the foot of the mountain. By the way, the host can show you other scenic spots nearby and provide you with an excellent photography angle.
How To Get There
How to Get to Xianggong Mountain from Yangshuo
- Rent a car from Yangshuo to Xianggong Mountain. The cost is around CNY 300 for a round trip.
- Take a bus to Putao Town from Yangshuo Bus Station or the exit of West Street. Then rent a car to arrive at the mountain. The rent is around CNY 80 per car. Alternatively, you can take a motorcycle taxi from Putao Town, at the price of about CNY 30.
- There is another way for hikers: Take a bus from Yangshuo Bus Station to Xingping Town. It takes 40 minutes to get there and ticket fare is CNY 10. Then walk to the Xingping Dock to rent a bamboo raft to go upstream and leave the raft at Lengshui Ferry. Then hike along the country road for one or two hours to the mountain.
How to Get to Xianggong Mountain from Guilin
- Take a bus to Yangshuo from Guilin General Bus Station and get off at Putao Town or Baisha Town. Then rent a car to arrive at the mountain.
- First, take a bus to Yangshuo or Xingping. The bus departs from Guilin Bus station to Xingping at 07:00, 08:00, 13:00, and 14:00 and the ticket fare is CNY 31. Then choose one of the above routes.
Useful Travel Tips
|Entrance Fee||CNY 60|
|Opening Hours||All day|
- Guilin Merryland Theme Park
- Green Lotus Hotel in Yangshuo, Guilin
- Baimian Yao Village in Longsheng County, Guilin
- Impression of Liu Sanjie in Guilin
- Sun and Moon Twin Pagodas in Guilin
- Gudong Waterfall Scenic Area, Guilin
Recommended Guilin Tour Packages
- 1 Day Longsheng Rice Terraces and Ethnic Minority Culture Tour
- 1 Day Guilin Li River Cruise Tour
- 1 Day Guilin Li River Cruise Group Tour
- 1-Day Li River Cruise and Yangshuo Highlights Tour
- Half-Day Guilin Tour with Elephant Trunk Hill, Reed Flute Cave, Fubo Hill