1 Day Chengdu Highlights Tour with Panda Base
Known as a “laid-back” city, Chengdu is a large but relaxed city, with many natural, cultural, and historical sights in and around it where you never want to leave...
Code of Tour: CDT0000000915
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Chengdu Panda Base - Wenshu Temple - Wuhou Temple
Departure City: Chengdu
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour: Photo Panda Culture
Known as a “laid-back” city, Chengdu is a large but relaxed city, with many natural, cultural, and historical sights in and around it where you never want to leave once you arrived. This tour covers all highlights in Chengdu, including the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base, Wenshu Monastery, Wuhou Temple, and Jinli old Street.
- Explore the daily life of the Giant Pandas and enjoy close interaction with them;
- Experience traditional Chengdu life in Jinli Old Street and appreciate the elegant style of its architectures;
- Visit Wuhou Temple, a shrine integrated with tombs of Liubei and Zhuge Liang.
- In the morning
Tour guide & driver will pick you up from your hotel, and drive to Chengdu Panda Base in the suburb, where you can take a close look at the lovely pandas of different ages eating bamboos, playing with each other, tumbling, climbing trees, etc.
Also you can take pictures for them. Don’t miss the chance to watch female pandas nursing their cubs in the nursery rooms. There is also an informative Panda Museum that lets you learn more about the scientific facts about Giant Pandas. In addition, it is very pleasant to walk in the wide garden of bamboo.
Then move on to Wenshu Monastery, a hidden spiritual Buddhist temple of Qing Dynasty in Chengdu downtown.
- In the afternoon
Visit Wuhou Temple, a temple in memory of Zhuge Liang who was the most famous Military strategist in the Three Kingdoms. The temple is surrounded by ancient cypress trees and classic red walls, creating a nostalgic atmosphere.
Then visit Jinli old Street, one of the oldest streets full of delicious local snacks, delicate artifacts, interesting folk shows, etc. The architectural style tells you what Sichuan looks like in the Qing dynasty.
After the visiting, be transferred back to your hotel in Chengdu downtown.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Lunch as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.