Site of the King’s Mansion in Hoboksar in Tacheng
The title of prince was handed down to a total of nine generations.
English Name: Site of the King’s Mansion in Hoboksar in Tacheng
Type: Tacheng Scenic Area, Tacheng famous spots & Tacheng attractions
Best Time: All Year Around
Recommended Visiting Hours: 2-3 hours
Why is Site of the King’s Mansion So Special?
A brick and wood structure, the mansion was built in the 37th year of Qianlong period (1772 A.D.). Here was the center of the Third Banner on the northern route of the old Turgut Tribe.
Where is Site of the King’s Mansion
The mansion is located to the northwest of the seat of Hoboksar Mongol Autonomous County.
Main Attraction of Site of the King’s Mansion
In the 36th year of Qianlong period of the Qing Dynasty (1771 A.D.), the Turgut Mongol Tribe, led by Wobash, the header of the tribe, moved eastwards back to their original land. In the next year, the emperor Qianlong received Wobash in the Imperial Palace in Rehe and made him a king and Chebokedorji, his nephew, a prince, and let them reside and herd in Hoboksar.
Best Time to Travel Site of the King’s Mansion
Every autumn, that is, August and September, is the best time to visit Tacheng.
At this time, the weather began to cool and the fruits began to mature. This is a very suitable time to travel. At this time, most scenic spots began to hang attractive gold. Let’s travel in the golden ocean. The natural scenery around Tacheng is very beautiful. In our spare time , we take our family to Tacheng to play, eat delicious fruits and enjoy different local conditions and customs. I believe this is a very beautiful moment and a very happy memory.
How to Get There
- It is suggested to drive there by oneself. Please consult the staff for more information.
Useful Travel Tips
- The morning light in summer in Xinjiang is earlier, it is about 6:30 in the morning in the plain area and it will light up at about 7:00 in the mountain area, but breakfast in Xinjiang hotels usually starts at 8:30, lunch time is 13: 00-14: 30, dinner time is about 19: 30-20: 30, and the sun will not set until 22:30 in the evening, so pay attention to adjust the time difference when traveling to Xinjiang.
- Xinjiang has a large number of halal meals, mainly beef and mutton. Cities also have Sichuan, Hunan, Guangdong and other local restaurants with national characteristics. In remote areas and scenic spots, halal meals are the main food. Pasta is the main staple food in Xinjiang, but rice is the main food for group meals. Sheep meat is the main meat in Xinjiang, and the smell of mutton is very small, which is acceptable to the general public.
- Site of Ancient Nilka Copper Mine
- Monument on the Gedeng Mountain
- Ancient Town of Mohe in Ili
- Sudan Vais Khan Mazar, Ili
- Jingyuan Temple in Qapqal, Ili
- The Bell Tower of Huiyuan City, Ili
Recommended Xinjiang Tour Packages
- 1 Day Urumqi City Tour with Xinjiang Museum and Nanshan Pasture
- 1 Day Urumqi City Tour with Heavenly Lake and Grand Bazaar
- 8 Days Silk Road Highlights Tour from Dunhuang to Urumqi
- 9 Days Silk Road Tour and Kanas Lake Adventure from Dunhuang to Urumqi
- 7 Days Northern Xinjiang Tour with Kanas Lake Adventure