Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture belongs to temperate humid monsoon climate. The average temperature is from 2 to 6℃; the extremely lowest temperature is from -23℃ to -38℃, and the extremely highest temperature is from 34℃to 38℃. The rainy season of Yanbian is from June to August, so don’t forget your umbrella.
Temperature and Precipitation
In the temperate zone of northern hemisphere, Yanbian has the temperate humid monsoon climate, so the spring of Yanbian is dry and windy, summer is tepid and rainy, autumn is cool and drippy, and winter is long and cold. The annual sunshine hours in Yanbian are from 2150 to 2480 hours. The average temperature is from 2 to 6℃; the extremely lowest temperature is from -23℃ to -38℃, and the extremely highest temperature is from 34℃to 38℃. Average temperature in this place decreases as the elevation and latitude rise; average temperature in east area is higher than that in west area, and higher in basin than in mountainous area. The frost-free period is about 100 to 150 days, and frozen period is from November to next March. The average precipitation in Yanbian is about 400-800 mm, and in Changbai Mountain, the rainfall is from 1000-1500 mm, which tops the list of Jilin province.
Tips for Yanbian Weather
Four Seasons of Yanbian
1. The spring in Yanbian is bright and vigorous. Kinds of flowers are in full bloom. It is a good time for you to go hiking or have a picnic in the beautiful outside world.
2. The summer in Yanbian is tepid, especially in Changbai Mountain, which means it is a perfect chance to avoid summer heat in this area. Besides, Liutou Festival is held in July 17th this year, so if you travel to Yanbian in summer, you will have the chance to enjoy the unique Korean festival.
3. Yanbian’s autumn has a pleasant climate with picturesque landscapes. It will be a pity to miss so many beautiful sceneries.
4. Although the winter in Yanbian is so cold, it is a good opportunity to enjoy the magnificent scene of the north. Skiing and skating there is a brilliant experience.
Best Time to Visit
You can travel to Yanbian at anytime you want, because there are always beautiful landscapes and things to do in four seasons. The best visit time is from June to September, when the weather is cool and pleasant. But June to August is the rainy season in Yanbian, so if you don’t want too many rainy days, you could choose other time to visit.
1. Although the temperature in Yanbian is not too high, please don’t forget your sunscreen cream, and SPF 15 sunscreen cream is enough.
2. June to August is the rainy season in Yanbian, so remember to take your umbrella and other rain gears.
3. Winter in Yanbian is cold and dry. If you come to Yanbian in winter, pack up some warm clothes and skincare products such as lip balm and hand cream.
When you are making your Yanbian tour plan, please avoid Chinese peak holidays including the Spring Festival (usually in late Jan. or early Feb.), International Labor Day (May 1-3) and National Day (Golden week, Oct. 1-7).
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.