Guangzhou Travel Tips
Guangzhou Travel FAQs and Tips introduce the city and zip codes, post offices, useful numbers, hospitals, banks for foreign exchange, Government and famous universities. When plan your trip to Guangzhou, view our answers to questions about Guangzhou travel to get better understanding of Guangzhou.
Located at the northern edge of the Pearl River Delta and adjacent to Hong Kong and Macao, Guangzhou, the capital of Guangdong Province, serves as the provincial center for politics, economy, culture, and transportation. It is a famous historical and cultural city for more than 2,200 years. Known as City of Five Rams and City of Flowers, Guangzhou is a prosperous but relaxing city, with many natural, cultural, and historical gifts in and around it where you never want to leave once you stepped in.
Useful Numbers in Guangzhou
- Police: 110
- Fire: 119
- Area Code: 020
- Telephone Number Inquiry: 114
- Municipal First-Aid Center: 120
- Guangzhou Tourism Bureau: 020-86687042
- Guangzhou Health and Quarantine: 020-83822400
- Baiyun International Airport (Information): 020-86591700
- Subway Information Inquiry: 020-16803006
More about Guangzhou Useful Numbers
Best Time to Visit Guangzhou
When is the best time to visit Guangzhou? In general, spring and autumn from March to early May and September to December is the best season to travel Guangzhou because of the moderate temperature and good climate suitable for going hiking. While in summer, the temperature is so high but you can taste the juicy and sweet litchis and longans there. January is also recommended for the flower lovers, because Guangzhou city will become a world full of blossoms by then.
More about Best Time to Visit Guangzhou
What to Wear in Guangzhou
- Spring (March-May): T-shirt, light sweater, thin jeans and trousers are recommended for spring in Guangzhou. Remember to take an umbrella with you because it often rains in spring.
- Summer (June-August): Any summer clothes will do, such as shorts, shirts and skirts, but you are also advised to bring a light coat for the evenings. And remember to take your sunblock and sunglasses.
- Autumn(September-December): You are recommended to wear light clothing such as long-sleeved shirts/T-shirts plus a thin overcoat or light sweater for autumn in Guangzhou.
- Winter (January - February): Sometimes it is 10℃ or so in winter but never snow. Thick clothing and thick socks are necessary for it is wet and cold, especially in rainy days.
Banks in Guangzhou
With the development of mobile payment(Wechat Payment and Alipay Payment), mobile payment is available in most places of Guangzhou. However, the cash is still important. People also prepare some cards in their wallets. There are a lot of banks in Guangzhou for you to exchange money. Hence, do not worry finding a bank in Guangzhou.
- Agricultural Bank of China(中国农业银行)
Add: Building A3, No. 116-130 Dayuan North Road, Taihe Town, Baiyun District, Guangzhou City(广州市白云区太和镇大源北路116-130号A3栋)
- Bank of China(中国银行)
Add: No. 199 Huangbian North Road, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province(广东省广州市黄边北路199)
- China Construction Bank(中国建设银行)
Add: No. 366 Zhongshan Avenue, Tianhe District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province(广东省广州市天河区中山大道366号)
- China Construction Bank(中国建设银行)
Add: No. 261-269 Shian Road, Shijing Town, Baiyun District, Guangzhou City(广州市白云区石井镇石安路261-269号)
- Bank of China(中国银行)
Add: First Floor, No. 1933 Huaguan Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province(广东省广州市天河区华观路1933号首层)
Express and Post Offices in Guangzhou
- SF Express(顺丰速运)
Add: No. 12 Baishou Road, Huadu District, Guangzhou City(广州市花都区百寿路12号)
- YTO Express(圆通快递)
Add: No. 50 Lianglong South Street, Huadu District, Guangzhou City(广州市花都区两龙南街50号)
- Deppon Express(德邦快递)
Add: No. 5 Shunxiang Road, Huadu District, Guangzhou City(广州市花都区花东镇顺祥路5号)
- Best Express(百世快递)
Add: No. 226 Longdong Yinglong Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province(广东省广州市天河龙洞迎龙路226号)
- YunDa Express(韵达快递)
Add: No. 301 Guangcongliu Road, Zhongluotan Town(钟落潭镇广从六路301号)
Hospitals in Guangzhou
- Guangdong No. 2 People's Hospital(广东省第二人民医院)
Add: No. 466 Xingang Middle Road, Haizhu District, Guangzhou City(广州市海珠区新港中路466号)
Tel: (020)89168338; (020)89168114; (020)89168066
- First Hospital Affiliated to Sun Yat-sen University(中山大学附属第一医院)
Add: No. 58 Zhongshan Er Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou City(广州市越秀区中山二路58号)
- Southern Hospital(南方医院)
Add: No. 1838 North Guangzhou Avenue, Baiyun District, Guangzhou City(广州市白云区广州大道北1838号)
- Longdong People's Hospital in Tianhe District(天河区龙洞人民医院)
Add: No. 2 Erheng Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou City(广州市天河区二横路2号)
- People's Hospital in Baiyun District, Guangzhou City(广州市白云区人民医院)
Add: No. 1305 Middle Guangzhou Avenue, Tianhe District, Guangzhou City(广州市天河区广州大道中1305号)
Other Important Tips for Visiting Guangzhou
144-Hour Visa-Free Transit
What makes Guangzhou more tourists friendly is that Guangzhou applies to 144 Hours Transit Visa Free, which means you can enjoy a visa-free tour in Guangzhou up to 6 days! Starting from May 1st, 2019, people from 53 countries can enjoy a 144-hour visa-free period when transiting through southern China’s Guangdong Province. They can enter Guangdong via its three airports, namely Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport and Jieyang Chaoshan International Airport, and exit via Guangdong Province’s 32 ports.
How to Get to Guangzhou
Guangzhou Transportation, to some extent, is strongly linked to Guangzhou Tours. As the most developed city in China, Guangzhou has the best transport network compared with other cities in China. At present, the main transportation modes in Guangzhou are airplanes, trains, buses, ships and so on. As a seaside city, Guangzhou waterway passenger transport has multiple passenger ports, including Nansha Port, Panyu Lianhuashan Port, Zhoutouzui Port, Zengcheng Xintang Port and other passenger ports. Guangzhou has an extensive public transport system, largely based on buses, taxis, trolleybus, tram and a rapidly expanding metro system. It is very convenient to get to Guangzhou and get around Guangzhou.
More about Guangzhou Transportation
A popular saying says that “All delicious food is in Guangzhou.”. Guangzhou delicacies are the main representatives of Cantonese Cuisine. Flavor features attach great importance to mouth-feel, so this kind of cuisine is famous for the taste of light, fresh, crispy, smooth, savory. Compared with other Chinese cuisines, these local dishes use few spicy dressings in order to keep from masking the original taste of the food. Besides Guangzhou morning tea and Guangzhou snacks are also worth tasting.
Must-eat Dishes and Snacks
- White Cut Chicken
- White Boiled Shrimp
- Roasted Suckling Pig
- Clay Pot Rice
- Sweet and Sour Pork
- Shrimp Dumplings
- Rice Noodle Roll
- Turnip Cakes
- Wonton Noodle
More about Snacks in Guangzhou
Guangzhou has a rich cultural inside information and strong local customs, so there are many special products worth taking home. And these souvenirs can be put in your pocket, and the big ones need to be transported by truck. As for the price, you can choose the things from the most cheap to the invaluable. You can always find the best one souvenirs for your relatives, friends and parents.
More about Guangzhou Shopping
Where to Stay in Guangzhou
As the most important economic, political and cultural center in Guangdong Province, Guangzhou attracts millions of visitors every year. Therefore, it is quite convenient to find ideal hotels of your own flavor, ranging from luxury and modern 5-star hotels to local featured hostel, from economical hotels to youth hostels. You can choose to stay around scenic spots for the convenience of sightseeing, or stay around railway station and bus station for easy going out. Here we have selected some hotels and hostels to help you staying in Guangzhou and feeling at home.
Matters need attention
- Although the hotel's bed sheet is replaced every day, it is best to prepare a set of comfortable pajamas.
- Prepare some disposable toilet seats.
- Try not to take a bath.
- Before using the water glass, use the boiling water to disinfect.
- It is best not to wear plastic slippers provided by the hotel.
- Wash your hands after using the remote control.
- The Best Luxury 5-Star Hotels in Guangzhou
- The Best Comfortable 4-Star Hotels in Guangzhou
- The Best Budget 3-Star Hotels in Guangzhou
- Hotels Located in the Center of Guangzhou
- The Best Boutique Hotels and Inns in Guangzhou
- The Best Guangzhou Hotels Rated on TripAdvisor
Things to Do in Guangzhou
Guangzhou is an old land with a young beating heart where lots of sights are waiting to meet you, such as the Chen Clan Academy, Temple of Six Banyan Trees, Yue Xiu Park, Baiyun Mountain, Canton Tower, Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, Shamian Island, Changlong Safari Parks, etc. So no matter what you want to meet, take your time, this wonderful city will tell you his own stories.
Top Attractions in Guangzhou
Guangzhou in southern China is a huge metropolis that combines old and new, offering sights and attractions for everyone, no matter if you are a history buff or looking for a family-friendly holiday destination. Here are the top attractions in the City of Five Rams.
- Canton Tower
- Shamian Island
- Shangxiajiu Pedestrian Street
- Yuexiu Park
- Baiyun Mountain
- Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall
- Sacred Heart Cathedral
- Chen Clan Ancestral Hall
- Chimelong Safari Park
- Guangdong Museum
- Southern China Botanical Garden
- Guangzhou Museum
- Pearl River
- Chimelong Paradise
- Sun Yat-sen University
- Guangxiao Temple
- Mausoleum of the Nanyue King
- Xiaozhou Village
- Pearl River Night Cruise Tour
Matters need attention
- Take care of your luggage and important things, such as passport and visa.
- Check out the weather report before your travel. Do not go sightseeing in bad weather.
- Respect and follow local custom and avoid conflicts.
Guangzhou Travel Tips by Region
- Liwan District
- Yuexiu District
- Haizhu District
- Zengcheng District
- Conghua District
- Nansha District
- Huadu District
- Tianhe District
- Baiyun District
- Panyu District
- Huangpu District
Guangdong Travel Tips by Region