3 Days Great Walls Hiking Tour: Jiankou, Mutianyu, Simatai, and Jinshanling Great Wall
During this 3 days tour, we will have an exciting hiking experience from Jiankou Great Wall to Mutianyu Great Wall, Simatai Great Wall, and Jinshaling Great Wall. We will appreciate the gorgeous sunrise on the Gubeikou Great Wall, hike on the steepest great wall in Beijing, visit the longest wall in China, explore Jinshanling Great Wall which is one of the UNESO Heritage site, and experience different cultural activities at Gubei Water Town.
- Exciting hiking tour on various sections of Great Wall
- Climbing the steepest great wall in Beijing, Jiankou Great Wall
- Climb to the highest tower on the Jiankou Great Wall, Zhengbeilou Tower
- Explore UNESO Heritage site, Jinshanling Great Wall
- Enjoy gorgeous sunrise on the Gubeikou Great Wall
- Experience different cultural activities at Gubei Water Town
- Day 1: Jiankou Great Wall – Mutianyu Great Wall
- Day 2: Simatai Great Wall & Gubei Water Town
- Day 3: Jinshanling Great Wall
Day 1 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Jiankou Great Wall; Mutianyu Great Wall
Your tour guide will pick you up at the hotel in the morning (7:00 am in summer and autumn; 8:00 am in spring and winter, if you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, the departure time will be delayed accordingly), it takes about 2.5 hours to the Jiankou Great Wall.
We start the hike from Xizhaizi village, you will experience the best unrestored wild Great Wall. Firstly, your guide takes you to Zhengbeilou Tower (the highest tower on Jiankou Great Wall) which takes about 1 hour by walking through the mountain path. Later, we will take a ladder up to Zhengbeilou Tower, which features some amazing ruins and scenes of rustic beauty. Midway through the hike to Mutianyu Great Wall, you will cross the mountain. we will pass about 17 towers (about 8 towers on Jiankou section and about 9 towers on Mutianyu section) with about 3 hours for the whole hiking on the Great Wall. So you could enjoy the beauty of both section of the wall – natural and well-preserved wall. Finally, you have 3 choices to come down: 1.Cable car 2.Walk way 3.Tabbogan.
Hike level is about 4.
The whole hiking tour takes about 4hours and 10 km (6 mils).
Then the guide and driver take you to have lunch. After lunch, drive to Gubeikou village.
Stay at local inn in Gubeikou village for overnight.
Note: If you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, please let us to know when you book this tour.
Day 2 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Simatai Great Wall; Gubei Water Town
Wake up early in the morning to watch the sunrise on the Gubeikou Great Wall. Then back to the inn have breakfast. After breakfast, we start the tour.
Firstly, hike total 10 towers with about 2 hours on the Simatai Great Wall. The Simatai Great Wall is situated at Gubeikou Town, It stretches 5.4 km from Wangjinglou (Tower for Viewing the Capital) in the east and connects Jinshanling Great Wall in the west. It consists of 35 watch towers and still retains the original architecture feature of the Ming Dynasty. Simatai Great Wall was listed as World Cultural Heritage by UNESCO in 1987. The Simatai Great Wall incorporates a variety of styles of other parts of the China Wall, but also display some unique features.
After lunch, visit Gubei Water Town. The Water Town covers an area of 9 square kilometers including reproduced cultural streets, accommodation, restaurants etc. There are four guesthouses and 2 hotels to accommodation visitors. You can spend as long as 2 days in the town with many cultural activities.
Hike level is about 2.
After the tour, transfer back to the inn.
Stay at local inn in Gubeikou village for overnight.
Day 3 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Jinshanling Great Wall
Today’s hiking begins at around 9:00 am. After breakfast, drive to Jinshanling Great Wall.
You could climb up to the great wall or you could take cable car up to the great wall. We suggest you climb up to the great wall as this section is easy to hike. We start the hike from Zhuanduokou Pass, you will hike over 15 watch towers (about 5 km) and arrive at East Five – Window Tower which takes about 4 hours, come down from the East Five – Window Tower. Or you could just hike about 4 km and arrive at Houchuankou Pass which takes about 3 hours, come down from the Houchuankou Pass.
Hike level is about 3.
Then the guide and driver take you to have lunch. After lunch, transfer back to your hotel in Beijing downtown.
- Meal as listed in the itinerary (Lunch).
- Private transfer service between hotel and Great Wall.
- Entrance fees as specified in the itinerary.
- English-speaking tour guide service.
- Mineral water
- Airfare, tax and fuel surcharge.
- Travel insurance
- Tips to guide and driver as your wish. (Based on the well-done job of the guide and driver).
- Personal expenses.
- The electrinic car & cable car.
The quotation is different for China Public Holidays. For instance, Chinese Spring Festival,Tomb-sweeping Festival, Labor Day, Dragon-boat Festival, Mid-autumn Festival, China National Day, etc.
1.Please take Hiking boots, sticks or trekking sticks, backpack, sun-glasses, sunscreen, snacks, camera for this hiking tour.
2. The traveler whose body is not fit for the hiking such as arthritis, heart disease, hypertension, asthma, and the traveler who are drunk are not recommended to take this tour.
3. Don’t take baby less than 3 years old for this tour, and the traveler who are more than 80 years old are not recommended to take this tour.
4. Do not wear short pants.
5. Please go to toilet at the entrance of the wall before the hiking, there is no toilet on the Wall. Please carry toilet paper by yourself always.
6. This tour is not available under the following weather condition: Rain, Snow, Strong Wind, etc.