3 Days Great Walls Hiking and Camping Tour: Huanghuacheng, Xishuiyu, Jiankou, Mutianyu, and Simatai Great Wall
During this 3 days tour, we will have an exciting hiking experience from Huanghuacheng Great Wall to Xishuiyu, Jiankou Great Wall to Mutianyu Great Wall, and Simatai Great Wall. We will camping in the Zhengbeilou Tower on Jiankou Great wall, appreciate the beautiful dam of Huanghuacheng Reservoir, enjoy gorgeous sunrise on the Gubeikou Great Wall, hike on the steepest great wall in Beijing, visit the longest wall in China, and experience different cultural activities at Gubei Water Town.
- Exciting hiking tour on various sections of Great Wall
- Climbing the steepest great wall in Beijing, Jiankou Great Wall
- Climb to the highest tower on the Jiankou Great Wall, Zhengbeilou Tower
- Appreciate the beautiful dam of the Huanghuacheng Reservoir
- Enjoy gorgeous sunrise on the Gubeikou Great Wall
- Experience different cultural activities at Gubei Water Town
- Camping in the Zhengbeilou Tower on Jiankou Great Wall
- Day 1: Huanghuacheng Great Wall – Xishuiyu Great Wall
- Day 2: Jiankou Great Wall – Mutianyu Great Wall
- Day 3: Simatai Great Wall & Gubei Water Town
Day 1 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Huanghuacheng Great Wall; Xishuiyu Great Wall; Camping in Zhengbeilou Tower
Meals: Lunch & Dinner
Your tour guide will pick you up at the hotel in the morning (7:00 am in summer and autumn; 8:00 am in spring and winter, if you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, the departure time will be delayed accordingly), it takes about 2 hours to the Huanghuacheng Great Wall.
After we see the beautiful dam of the Huanghuacheng Reservoir at the foot of the wall, take some good photos first, and then we start the hike from Tenglong Restaurant & Lodge which is built on the mountain and climb about 20 minutes you will reach the Huanghuacheng Great Wall. At first you will hike the wall which is restored by local government and you will hike along the restored wall with about 1 hour, then you will pass by Zhuangdaokou Pass which is the border between restored Great Wall and unrestored wild Great Wall. After Zhuangdaokou Pass, you will take about 2.5 hours hike along the wild wall and finish the hike at Xishuiyu which is close to the lake. That’s why this section is also called Lakeside Great Wall. You will pass about 20 towers for the whole hiking.
Hike level is about 4.
The whole hiking takes about 4hours and 9 km (5.6 mils).
Then the guide and driver take you to have lunch. After lunch, drive to Jiankou Great Wall.
Sleep in Zhengbeilou Tower on Jiankou Great Wall for overnight.
We’ll prepare the necessary camping facilities such as tents, sleeping bags, etc. You don’t need to prepare anything for the camping.
Note: If you would like to watch the sunset on the great wall, please let us to know when you book this tour.
Day 2 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Jiankou Great Wall; Mutianyu Great Wall
Today’s hiking begins at around 9:00 am. After breakfast, we start the tour.
We start the hike from Xizhaizi village, you will experience the best unrestored wild Great Wall. Firstly, your guide takes you to Zhengbeilou Tower (the highest tower on Jiankou Great Wall) which takes about 1 hour by walking through the mountain path. Later, you will take a ladder up to Zhengbeilou Tower, which features some amazing ruins and scenes of rustic beauty. Midway through the hike to Mutianyu Great Wall, you will cross the mountain. You will pass about 17 towers (about 8 towers on Jiankou section and about 9 towers on Mutianyu section) with about 3 hours for the whole hiking on the Great Wall. So you could enjoy the beauty of both section of the wall – natural and well-preserved wall. Finally, you have 3 choices to come down: 1.Cable car 2.Walk way 3.Tabbogan.
Hike level is about 4.
The whole hiking tour takes about 4hours and 10 km (6 mils).
Then the guide and driver take you to have lunch. After lunch, drive to Gubeikou village.
Stay at local inn in Gubeikou village for overnight.
Day 3 Beijing City Tour:
Sightseeing and Activities: Simatai Great Wall; Gubei Water Town
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch
Wake up early in the morning to watch the sunrise on the Gubeikou Great Wall. Then back to the inn have breakfast. After breakfast, we start the tour.
Firstly, hike total 10 towers with about 2 hours on the Simatai Great Wall. The Simatai Great Wall is situated at Gubeikou Town, It stretches 5.4 km from Wangjinglou (Tower for Viewing the Capital) in the east and connects Jinshanling Great Wall in the west. It consists of 35 watch towers and still retains the original architecture feature of the Ming Dynasty. Simatai Great Wall was listed as World Cultural Heritage by UNESCO in 1987. The Simatai Great Wall incorporates a variety of styles of other parts of the China Wall, but also display some unique features.
After lunch, visit Gubei Water Town. The Water Town covers an area of 9 square kilometers including reproduced cultural streets, accommodation, restaurants etc. There are four guesthouses and 2 hotels to accommodation visitors. You can spend as long as 2 days in the town with many cultural activities.
Hike level is about 2.
After the tour, transfer back to your hotel in Beijing downtown.
- Meal as listed in the itinerary (Lunch).
- Private transfer service between hotel and Great Wall.
- Entrance fees as specified in the itinerary.
- English-speaking tour guide service.
- Mineral water
- Airfare, tax and fuel surcharge.
- Travel insurance
- Tips to guide and driver as your wish. (Based on the well-done job of the guide and driver).
- Personal expenses.
- The electrinic car & cable car.
The quotation is different for China Public Holidays. For instance, Chinese Spring Festival,Tomb-sweeping Festival, Labor Day, Dragon-boat Festival, Mid-autumn Festival, China National Day, etc.
1.Please take Hiking boots, sticks or trekking sticks, backpack, sun-glasses, sunscreen, snacks, camera for this hiking tour.
2. The traveler whose body is not fit for the hiking such as arthritis, heart disease, hypertension, asthma, and the traveler who are drunk are not recommended to take this tour.
3. Don’t take baby less than 3 years old for this tour, and the traveler who are more than 80 years old are not recommended to take this tour.
4. Do not wear short pants.
5. Please go to toilet at the entrance of the wall before the hiking, there is no toilet on the Wall. Please carry toilet paper by yourself always.
6. This tour is not available under the following weather condition: Rain, Snow, Strong Wind, etc.