Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Bridge
The Glass Bridge in Zhangjiajie Facts
Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon in Hunan province is super famous for its longest and highest glass bridge in the world for people to have a bold and brand new try on the high position, and also, its charming sightseeing of forests, waterfalls, streams and so on are all very worth for your discovery!
Chinese Name: 张家界大峡谷
Type: Nature & Park, Mountains, Natural Sightseeing
Address: Cili County, Zhangjiajie, Hunan Province, China
Best Seasons: All year round
Recommended Visiting Hours: about 2-4 hours
Why is The Glass Bridge in Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon So Special?
Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge is the world’s longest and highest glass-bottomed bridge spanning over two mountains in Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon. It is a must-see attraction if you want to experience something exciting in China.
Brief Introduction of Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon
Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge (张家界玻璃桥), or Glass Bridge in Zhangjiajie, is the “world highest and longest glass bridge” with the full length of 430 m and a respectively height of about 400 m above the valley bottom, which has regarded as a model of international bridge construction with 10 WORLD MOST prizes. Also, for the great design of Haim Dotan from Israel and the long-term effort of the constructors, Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge has been regarded as the “12 Most Spectacular Bridges in the World” by CNN. As a result, a lot of tourists want to go to Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon to admire this magnificent bridge and walk on it. After strict tests and trials, Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge has finally been opened on August 1, 2016 and has gained another name of Yuntian Du (云天渡) to mean the way for people under heaven.
Basic Facts of The Glass Bridge
- Height & length: the glass bridge stretches 430 meters (1,410 feet) long and 6 meters (20 feet) wide, hovering over a 300-meter (984-foot) vertical drop.
- Maximum capacity: 8,000 people each day, and 600 people at one time
- Highlights: a full view of the grand canyon, bungee jump and zip-lining
- Opening hour: 08:00am – 18:00pm
- Ticket price: RMB 259 (Grand Canyon + Class Bridge)
- It is not the glass skywalk on Tianmen Mountain
Note: travellers who want to only experience the Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge without sightseeing of the Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon are required to visit the bridge after 15:30.
Best time to visit Zhangjiajie
Generally April through Mid-November is a good time to visit Zhangjiajie. April and October are the two best months to visit Zhangjiajie. The best time to view the red leaves and fall foliage in Zhangjiajie ranges from later October to Mid-November. The weather in spring of Zhangjiajie is pleasant.
How to Get to The Glass Bridge in Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon
Travel with China Dragon Tours (top recommended)
If you want to get rid of hustle of transportation and troublesome navigation, you can book a private tour package which covers visiting, dining and transfer from us. Our local tour guide and driver will escort youThe Glass Bridge in Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon with speed and convenience, and take care of all the details. You just need to focus on travel.
The Grand Canyon of Zhangjiajie is located at Sanguansi Township of Cili County, next to Wulingyuan Scenic and Historic Interest Area.
1. From Zhangjiajie Central Bus Station, take a bus to Wenya Hot Spring and get off at the canyon.
2. From Zhangjiajie Central Bus Station, take a bus to Wulingyuan; and then transfer to the bus to the Grand Canyon, or the bus to Cili County and get off at the Canyon. It takes around 1h.
3. From Wulingyuan Bus Station, take a bus to Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon or the bus to Cili and get off at the canyon. It takes no more than 20 minutes.
Useful Travel Tips
- Try to avoid visiting during Golden Week and summer holidays.
- To ensure safety, the bridge might be closed at short notice when weather becomes extreme.
- Visitors are only allowed to bring their wallets and mobile phones with cases on the bridge.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Wearing high – heeled shoes is not permitted on the bridge.
- . If you will visit both the Glass Bridge and the Grand Canyon, it’s better to visit the Glass Bridge first to avoid detour and save time and energy.
- There are cable cars up to the Glass Bridge. A one-way ticket is CNY35. The cable car upper terminal is only 10 minutes’ walk from the Glass Bridge.
- Visitors had better book a ticket in advance, as no ticket is sold on the spot, except discounted tickets for some Chinese citizens. The tickets are available 1 day to 2 months prior to the visit date. But you are advised to book it as early as possible, especially during the peak season. A valid ID certificate like passport is required for both booking the ticket and entering the scenic site.
- Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon
- Zhangjiajie National Forest Park
- Wulingyuan Scenic and Historic Interest Area
- Ten-mile Natural Gallery