Olympic Forest Park in Beijing
Why is the Olympic Forest Park in Beijing so Special?
The Olympic Forest Park is a large, man-made nature park. Built for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, the park has two parts: the southern part is oval in shape and features Aohai lake in the center, and the northern side has a mountain that gives an excellent view of this part of the city. The northern part is outside of the 5th Ring Road. The park was designed by Hu Jie.
Where is the Olympic Forest Park in Beijing?
The Olympic Forest Park is situated at the north end of the Olympic Green in Beijing. Olympic Green is located in Chaoyang District.
How to Get There
- Take Subway Line 8 and get off at Senlin Gongyuan Nanmen (Olympic Forest Park South Gate) Station. Go out from Exit A or B and you will arrive at the south gate of the Southern Garden. Alternatively, visitors can get off at Lincuiqiao Station and go out from Exit C2 to arrive at the west gate of the Northern Garden.
- Take bus 81, 379, 510 or Special Line 44 and get off at Subway Lincuiqiao Station. Enter from the west gate of the Northern Garden. Or get off at Aolin Chuntian Xiaoqu Station and enter from the west gate of the Southern Garden.
- Take Fast Transit Line 3 to Yangshanqiao Bei Station, and then enter from the east gate of the Northern Garden. Visitors can also get off at Yangqiao Nan Station and enter from the east gate of the Southern Garden.
The Oren-air Theater covers an area of about 40000 square meters, which can accommodate 20000 people to watch the performance at the same time. It is mainly composed of stage square, media area, performance area and underground buildings. It forms an outdoor performance place in cooperation with fountain water scenery and landscape stage. Among them, the pavement pattern of the stage square contains the cloud pattern, the back word pattern, the fragrance pattern and so on, which respectively express the auspicious, happy, long-standing and beautiful implication.
Entering from the south gate, you can see a wide water surface that is Aohai. There is a large open square on the south bank. If you are lucky, you may have the chance to enjoy the grand music fountain performance in the open-air stand in the square. The highest nozzle can reach a height of 262 feet (80 meters). With the rhythm of the music, the fountains became different shapes.
It is an artificial landscape on the North Bank of Aohai. There is a viewing platform on the top of the mountain, called “Tianjing”. There are two advantageous positions, Zhaohua and Xishi, on the East and west sides. Located at the highest point of the whole park, the patio is the best place to overlook the whole park and the nearby National Stadium (Bird’s Nest) and water sports center (Water Cube).
National Tennis Center
Covering an area of 200000 square yards (167225 square meters), National Tennis Center has 10 competition fields and 6 practice fields, with a total of 17400 guest seats. The stadium is made of reinforced concrete and has no decoration. The center court and the two main courts are designed like 12 corners, with 12 bleachers on each side. The light gray concrete wall looks like three lotus flowers blooming in the Olympic Forest Park. China open is held there every October. During this period, top tennis stars from all over the world will gather in the park.
|Boarding Points||The South Gate, North Gate, West Gate, and East Gate of the Southern Garden & the south end of the ecological bridge|
|Fare||Special Line Tour||CNY 5/person/stop|
|Southern Garden Tour||CNY 20/person|
|Whole Park Tour||CNY 40/person|
|10-seat Chartered Bus||CNY 300/h|
|13-seat Chartered Bus||CNY 400/h|
|* Free for children under 3.9 feet (1.2m) if they don’t take the seat.|
|Operating Hours||March 15 to November 15: 9:00 – 18:00
November 16 to next March 14: 9:00 – 17:00
Cruise in the Southern Garden (Operating Hours: 9:00 – 17:00)
|4-seat Electric Boat||70||Aohai Lake South Pier|
|6-seat Electric Boat||100|
|4-seat Rowing Boat||40||Aohai Lake South Pier, Aohai Lake North Pier, Wali Lake Pier|
|4-seat Pedal Boat||50|
|2-seat Mushroom Boat||60||Wali Lake Pier|
|Rental Points||Gate N1, Gate N2, and Gate N6 of the Northern Garden, the north end of the ecological bridge|
|Fare||Tandem Bicycle||CNY 40/ half hour|
|Bicycle for Four People||CNY 60/half hour|
|Electric Bike||CNY 50/half hour|
|Operating Hours||9:00 – 17:00|
National Tennis Center (Opening hours: 7:00 – 23:00)
|7:00 – 16:00
(Mon. to Fri.)
|16:00 – 23:00 (Mon. to Fri.)
7:00 -23:00 during Weekends and Holidays
|Indoor Hard Courts||200||300|
|Indoor Clay Courts||600||800|
|No. 1 Court (Outdoor)||500||1,000|
|Yingyue Court (Outdoor)||1,000||1,500|
|Lotus Court (Outdoor)||1,500||2,000|
|Diamond Court (Indoor)||3,000||5,000|
Sports Zone (Opening hours: 7:00 – 22:00)
|7:00 – 9:00
(Mon. to Fri.)
|9:00 – 17:00
(Mon. to Fri.)
|17:00 – 22:00 (Mon. to Fri.)
7:00 – 22:00 during Weekends and Holidays
|Five-a-side Football Field||CNY 30/person (No Time Limits)|
|Basketball Court||CNY 5/person||CNY 15/person (No Time Limits)|
|Hockey & Football Field||Not open||CNY 800/2 hours||CNY 1,000/2 hours|
|Badminton Stadium||CNY 25/h/person||CNY 40/h||CNY 60/h|
Useful Travel Tips
- Admission Fee: Free
- Opening Hours: March 15 to November 15: 6:00 – 21:00; November 16 to next March 14: 7:00 – 19:00
- The fee of the training partner for tennis learning is CNY 120/h, and the tuition fee has three grades: CNY 150/h, CNY 200/h, and CNY 300/h.
- Shower Price: CNY 10/person.
- The fee of the badminton training partner: CNY 150/h
- 6 Days Beijing and Zhangjiakou 2022 Beijing Winter Olympic Tour
- 7 Days Beijing and Zhangjiakou 2022 Beijing Winter Olympic Tour