Huangshi Village in Wulingyuan Scenic Area, Zhangjiajie
Huangshi Village in Wulingyuan Facts
Huangshi Village, located in Wulingyuan Scenic Area in Zhangjiajie, is one of the top 5 highlight travel itineraries of China. It is said that during the Han Dunasty, Zhang Liang (a politician) quitted from the political field and started his round tour. When he came to this area, he was blocked by officials.
Chinese Name: 黄石寨
Type:Forest Park & Nature
Address: Wulingyuan District, Zhangjiajie, Hunan Province, China
Best Seasons: All year round; March - November
Recommended Visiting Hours: about 2-3 hours
Opening Hours: 7:00 ~ 18:00
Tickets: ¥228/person for Entrance Fee (Including in the Ticket Package)
Why is Huangshi Village in Wulingyuan Scenic Area So Special?
- A saying goes “He who does not reach Huangshizhai does not pay a true visit to Zhangjiajie.” Huangshizhai, or Huangshi Village, is also called Yellow Stone Village. This is the largest natural viewing deck of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. Although it is called ‘village’, Huangshi Village is not a village but a mountain with precipices all around.
- Once you arrive at the top, you can walk along the loop road to appreciate the beauty of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. Stone hills with various shapes are the biggest highlight. They are just like what they are named after, such as Five Finger Peak, Lovers’ Peaks, Natural Murals, etc. With the elevation of over 1,200 meters, Huangshizhai is the best place to enjoy the fairyland-like seas of clouds and mist.
Wulingyuan Scenic Area
Wulingyuan Scenic Area (also known as Wulingyuan National Park) is located in northwest of Hunan Province in central China. It consists of the Zhangjiajie Forest Park, Suoxi Valley Nature Reserve in Cili County and Tianmen Mountain National Forest Park in Sangzhi County, with a total area of about 500 square kilometers. Yangjiajie is a recently discovered a new area.
Located at the Wulingyuan District of Zhangjiajie city, Huangshizhai, or Huangshi Village, is a part of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, the natural heritage of the world. With the elevation of about 1,200 meters, it is regarded as the largest natural viewing deck of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, on which you could see numerous magnificent stone hills and seas of clouds and mist. Huangshizhai is the essence of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, so it is a must-see spot in Wulingyuan scenic area.
Main Attractions of Huangshi Village
The Star-Catching Platform
Pillar in the South Sky
Fir Trees Forest Route
Natural Wall Painting
Best time to visit Zhangjiajie
Generally April through Mid-November is a good time to visit Zhangjiajie. April and October are the two best months to visit Zhangjiajie. The best time to view the red leaves and fall foliage in Zhangjiajie ranges from later October to Mid-November. The weather in spring of Zhangjiajie is pleasant.
How to Get to Huangshi Village
Travel with China Dragon Tours (top recommended)
If you want to get rid of hustle of transportation and troublesome navigation, you can book a private tour package which covers visiting, dining and transfer from us. Our local tour guide and driver will escort you Huangshi Village in Wulingyuan Scenic Area, Zhangjiajie with speed and convenience, and take care of all the details. You just need to focus on travel.
Huangshi Village is located at Zhangjiajie National Forest Park of Wulingyuan District, Zhangjiajie City, and it is about 30 km from Zhangjjiajie City. You could take direct bus from Zhangjiajie Central Bus Station to Forest Park Ticket Station. Then walk for about 5 min, and you will arrive at Yangba Square where you could take free battery car to the cable car station or hike up Huangshi Village. The driving distance between Zhangjiajie and its nearby attractions are as followings.
- 30 km away from Zhangjiajie City (1 h 20 min’s driving)
- 25 km away from Yellow Dragon Cave (40 min’s driving)
- 20 km away from Suoxiyu (3 h 30 min’s driving)
- 40 km away from Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon (1 h 30 min’s driving)
- 20 km away from Baofeng Lake (30 min’s driving)
- 8 km away from Yuanjiajie (1 h 30 min’s driving)
- 35 km away from Tianmen Mountain (1 h 30 min’s driving)
- 75 km away from Tianzi Mountain (2 h’s driving)
Useful Travel Tips
- Best time to visit there is spring and autumn.
- It is not recommended to visit there during “May 1st” and “October 1st” these two golden vacation weeks. At that time, the hotel reservation and transportation will be in its climax, the price will be much higher than ordinary times.
Eating and Drinking: The foods sold in scenic area are always more expensive than in downtown area. Be prepared for this.
Warning: Don’t try to tease wild monkeys in Wulingyuan scenic area or take photo with them, because you may be in trouble.
The entrance fee for Huangshizhai is included in the ticket package of Wulingyuan Scenic Area which is ¥228 per ticket. The single way ticket of Huangshizhai cable car is ¥65, and the round trip ticket is ¥115.
Items Price Note Ticket Package 1 ￥228 It includes core scenic spots of Wulingyuan Scenic Area. Ticke Package 2 ￥290 It includes the single way ticket of Huangshizhai cable car. Ticke Package 3 ￥340 It includes the round trip ticket of Huangshizhai cable car.