Chinese Name: 黔南布依族苗族自治州 English IPA: Qiannan Buyi and Miao Autonomous Prefecture Location: South Central of Guizhou Province Population (city): 3280900 Language: Southwestern Mandarin, Miao Language, Buyi Language Zip code: 558000 Tel code: 0854 Time zone: UTC+8
Qiannan Bouyei and Miao autonomous prefecture is under the jurisdiction of Guizhou Province. It is located in the south central part of Guizhou Province, connected to Qiandongnan in the east, adjacent to Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous region in the south, Anshun City and Qianxinan prefecture in the west, Guiyang City, the capital of Guizhou Province in the north. It is the golden path of Guizhou Province and even the whole southwest China leading to coastal area of South China. Unique geological and geomorphological characteristics, long-term coexistence of multi-ethnic groups and pleasant climate make Qiannan prefecture famous for its fantastic landscape, abundant animal and plant resources, peculiar ethnic customs, as well as historical and cultural monuments. It is a good place for sightseeing and summer resort.
- Tourists Attractions: The representative attractions in Qiannan include Xiaoqikong Scenic Area, Daqikong Scenic Area, Zhangjiang Scenic Area and Libo Maolan Karst Forest.
- Karst Landform: Qiannan Buyi and Miao autonomous prefecture boasts rich tourism resources advantage, Libo Maolan national nature reserve is the only well-preserved karst forest landform at the same latitude in the world.
- Ethnic Culture: There are 43 ethnic groups including Han, Bouyei, Miao, Shui, Maonan, Yao, Zhuang, Dong and Gelao inhabited in Qiannan Buyi and Miao autonomous prefecture. Among these minorities, Buyi and Miao are the main minorities. In the Miao region, people can experience the scenery and customs of the most attractive ethnic group. In addition, the prefecture is home to 90% of China’s Shui minority population. Sandu county is the only Shui minority autonomous county in China.
- Ethnic Festivals: Main ethnic festivals include “San Yue San”, “Liu Yue Liu” and “Gengjian Festival(更建节)” of Bouyei; “Si Yue Ba”, “First Harvest of the Year” and Miao’s New Year of Miao; Duan Festival, Mao Festival and Jingxia Festival(敬霞节) of Shui; The Torch Festival of Maonan; Panwang Festival of Yao, etc.
- Ethnic Crafts: Well-known ethnic crafts in Qiannan include batik and embroidery of Miao, brocade of Dong, Bamboo weaving and paper cutting, etc.
Other Destinations in Qiannan
- Duyun City
- Dushan County
- Libo County
- Weng’an County
- Luodian County
- Huishui County
- Guiding County
- Fuquan City
- Sandu County
- Longli County
- Pingtang County
- Changshun County
There are 60 something scenic spots in Qiannan Buyi and Miao Autonomous Prefecture, including 1 national scenic area, 4 provincial scenic spots, 1 national nature reserve and 5 provincial nature reserves. The south line tourism, Libo Zhangjiang National Scenic Area as the leading, has become a popular route for Guizhou tourism. Qiannan has green hills and grotesque peaks, gorgeous scenery, numerous scenic spots and historical sites, profound ethnic culture, strong folk customs and rich tourist resources. The Libo [...]
Qiannan tours usually combine Libo County to other destinations in Guizhou, like Guiyang, Anshun and Xijiang, as well as other province like Guangxi. Noted for its beautiful natural scenery, Qiannan tours will take you to Xiaoqikong Scenic Area, Daqikong Scenic Area, Zhangjiang Scenic Area, Libo Maolan Karst Forest and other famous attractions in Qiannan, as well as let you experience ethnic culture in Sandu county, the only Shui minority autonomous county in China. Therefore, our tour themes in Qiannan can include ethnic culture tour, birding tour, minority discovery [...]
- More City Tours Including Qiannan >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Qiannan >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Qiannan >>
- All Tours Including Qiannan >>
Climate & When to Go
Qiannan prefecture enjoys a subtropical monsoon climate, temperate and humid, with an annual average temperature of 13.6-19.6℃. It has neither severe cold in winter nor intense heat in summer. The rainy season and high temperature occur in summer. Weather Features The climate of Qiannan prefecture is diverse with obvious regional and vertical differences, and has the highland mountainous area climate feature and change rule. Located in the east Asian monsoon region, the autonomous prefecture is the closest area to the sea in Guizhou [...]
More Qiannan Climate & When to Go >>
Qiannan is the only way which must be passed from Yunnan, Guizhou, Sichuan and Chongqing to Hunan, Hubei and east China. Guizhou-Guangxi railway, Guiyang-Xinzhai high class highway, national highway 320 and 321 and provincial highway 207 run north and south. Qiannan is only 120 kilometers away from Guiyang Longdongbao International Airport. The convenient transportation provides the superior condition for traveling in Qiannan prefecture. How to Get to Qiannan You can get to Qiannan by [...]
More Qiannan Transportation >>
Festivals and Activities
Qiannan is home to a large number of ethnic minorities, there are 43 ethnic groups including Han, Bouyei, Miao, Shui, Maonan, Yao, Zhuang, Dong and Gelao. Main ethnic festivals include “San Yue San”, “Liu Yue Liu” and “Gengjian Festival(更建节)” of Bouyei; “Si Yue Ba”, “First Harvest of the Year” and Miao’s New Year of Miao; Duan Festival, Mao Festival and Jingxia Festival(敬霞节) of Shui; The Torch Festival of Maonan; Panwang Festival of Yao, etc. Festivals in Qiannan First Harvest of the Year(吃新节) of Dong Date: On the 6th day of the [...]
More Qiannan Festivals and Activities >>
To have a better travel experience in Qiannan, here are some useful Qiannan travel tips which may be helpful for your Qiannan tour. Useful Numbers Fire: 119 Police: 110 Ambulance: 120 Area Code: 0854 Zip Code: 558000 Weather Forecast: 12121 Consumer Complaint: 12315 Check Telephone Number: 114 Tourist Complaint: 0854-8282400 Public Security Bureau: 0854-8248638 Travel Bureau of Qiannan: 0854-8282400 Airport Phone Number: 0854-3789005 Best Time to Visit Qiannan prefecture enjoys a subtropical monsoon climate, temperate and humid, with an annual average temperature of 13.6-19.6℃. It has neither severe cold in winter nor intense heat in summer. It is appropriate to [...]
Qiannan Bouyei and Miao Autonomous Prefecture is located in the south central of Guizhou Province, about 128 kilometers from Guiyang, the capital city of Guizhou Province. To help you have a better understanding of Qiannan, we have collected some useful Qiannan maps including Qiannan transportation map, Qiannan regional map, Qiannan location map, Qiannan tourist attractions map, Qiannan prefecture map, map of scenic spots around Qiannan, Qiannan travel map, etc, through which you can probably know how to get to Qiannan and what to discover there. [...]
As one of the popular tourist destinations in Guizhou, Qiannan offers various kinds of hotels for travelers at home and aboard ranging from luxury to economy for your choice in accordance with your budget. Among so many Qiannan hotels, you can choose to stay around scenic spots like Zhangjiang Scenic Area and Libo Maolan Karst Forest for the convenience of sightseeing, or stay around railway station and bus station for easy going out. Here are some recommended hotels for your stay. Recommended Hotels in Qiannan Deluxe Hotels in Qiannan Park inn [...]