Zhaoxing Dong Village in Liping County, Qiandongnan
It is one of the largest Dong villages in the country and is known as the "No.1 Village in Dong Village"
Chinese Name: 肇兴侗寨
English Name: Zhaoxing Dong Village in Liping County, Qiandongnan
Type: Qiandongnan Scenic Area, Qiandongnan famous spots & Artificial attractions
Best Time: All Year Around
Recommended Visiting Hours: 2-3 hours
Opening Hours: open all day
Location:Located in the southeast of Liping County, Qiandongnan Miao and Dong Autonomous Prefecture, Guizhou Province
Why is Zhaoxing Dong Village So Special?
Walking into Zhaoxing Dong Village, one will feel as though the clock is being turned back. All the buildings in the village are wooden-stilt houses. This is a picturesque village noted for the beautiful natural sights and unique ethnic flavor. It is surrounded by verdant mountains with a crystal stream running through.
Where is Zhaoxing Dong Village
Zhaoxing Dong Village, located in Liping County, southeast of Guizhou Province, is one of the largest Dong Villages in Qiandongnan area in Guizhou.
Brief Introduction of Zhaoxing Dong Village
Zhaoxing Dongzhai is the core scenic spot of Liping Dongxiang Scenic Area. In 2005, it was selected as one of the “six most beautiful ancient villages in China” by chinese national geography. In 2007, it was jointly selected as one of the “33 most attractive tourist destinations in the world” by Fashion Tourism and National Geographic.
Main Attractions of Zhaoxing Dong Village
In Zhaoxing Dong Village, everything is simple and far removed from the influence of modern city life. Only the murmur of the little brooks, the happy songs of Dong People and the rhythmic beating of the rods for laundry will provide the occasional sounds of daily life. The verdant mountains, simple but elegant houses and the smiling faces of Dong People will greet you and complete this natural feast for your senses.
If someone wants to escape noisy city life and would like to experience a special rural life, the Dong village is the best choice, and people can choose to stay there for several days.
Zhaoxing Dong village is surrounded by mountains. And a small river slowly flows across the Village. The hanging houses of the Dong minority people are located on the both sides of the river.
The Hanging houses are usually made by china fir, which are mostly two to three floors and built along the river bank or the slopes. There are dyed cloth hanging front of the hanging house.
Gulou is a symbol of Dong village. There are three or four drum towers in some Dong minority villages. People stay here for entertainment, toast in winter and enjoy cool in summer. This kind of architecture absorbed the essence of ancient Han architecture, but also broke the tradition of the tower.
Best Time to Travel Zhaoxing Dong Village
The best time to pay a visit is all year round.
Dong village is located on the edge of Yunnan-Guizhou plateau, surrounded by mountains. Dongzhai Town has been a land and water transportation center since ancient times. As a famous historical and cultural city, Zhenyuan is rich in tourism resources. Zhenyuan has a subtropical humid climate with an annual average temperature of 16.4 degrees and four distinct seasons. Therefore, it is an ideal tourist destination all the year round.
How to Get There
- From Congjiang County:
First, take a high speed train for Congjiang from Guiyang, Guangzhou, or Guilin. Upon arrival, take a public bus to Zhaoxing at the fare of CNY 2. This is the most convenient way to get to Zhaoxing.
- From Liping County:
Liping County is connected by flights with Shanghai, Guangzhou, Guilin and Guiyang. From Guiyang, one can even find direct buses to Liping. The bus journey takes about nine to ten hours. From Liping, there are frequent buses for Zhaoxing from 7:20 to 16:45 and the interval is around 1 to 1.5 hours. It takes about 45 minutes from Liping to Zhaoxing and the ticket fare is CNY 22.
Useful Travel Tips
|Admission Fee||CNY 100
Half price for children between 3.9 and 4.6 feet (1.2 and 1.4m).
Free for children under 3.9 feet.
|Battery Car||CNY 10|
|Opening Hours||All day|
- It’s great to travel there during the local traditional festivals. The 13th to 15th of the 8th lunar month are odd years, and Lusheng Festival is a good time to live in Zhaoxing East Village. The mountain where Zhaoxing Middle School is located is a good place to enjoy the panorama of the whole village.
- You need to avoid bonfires and smoking when traveling there. All local buildings are made of wood, so a careless act may bring disaster to the local people.
- Tourists there need to pay attention to local customs. If you want to climb the drum tower, you must get permission from the local people. When you see a rope tied to the gate of the village, this means that the local people are holding a sacrificial ceremony and still need permission to enter the village.
- In Zhaoxing Town, if there is time, besides Zhaoxing East Village, there are six other Dong villages and a mountain called Shashui Mountain worth visiting. One of them, located 7 kilometers east of Zhaoxing, has the only Dong ecological museum. Their terrace is another highlight of the village.
- Leigongshan Nature Reserve
- Qinglong Cave Ancient Architectures
- Nanhua Village in Kail, Qiandongnan
- Kaili Ethnic Museum, Qiandongnan
- Xiasi Scenic Area in Kaili, Qiandongnan
- Flying Clouds Cliff in Qiandongnan