2 Days Kawa Karpo Meili Snow Mountain Tour from Shangrila
Located in the western section of Deqin County and on the border with Tibet Autonomous Region, Meili Snow Mountain is regarded as a Holy Mountain by local Tibetans. During this tour, we will start from Shangrila and enjoy the sunrise and sunset of Meili Snow Mountain from Flying Temple.
- Appreciate the stunning scenery from Shangrila to Meili Snow Mountain.
- Enjoy the sunrise and sunset of Meili Snow Mountain.
- Day 1: Shangrila – Meili Snow Mountain
- Day 2: Meili Snow Mountain – Shangrila
Day 1 Shangrila – Meili Snow Mountain
Sightseeing and Activities: Napahai lake, Nixi Pottery village, U-shaped Bend of Jinsha River, East Bamboo Forest Temple, Flying Temple
Accommodation: Flying Temple
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
At 09:00 am, meet the tour guide and driver at your hotel and drive about 20 minutes to Napahai Lake. The lake is a nature reserve for birds, especially the black-necked crane. Have one hour visiting time and continue the drive to Nixi Pottery village. Have a detailed understanding about how to make earthenware products.
After the visit, move on to Benzilan for lunch. Then visit the U-shaped Bend of Jinsha River, which is one of the 40 wonders in China. Continue the trip to East Bamboo Forest Temple, which was built in Qing dynasty. Next stop is Flying Temple, built in Ming Dynasty in year 1614 with a history over 390 years.
Enjoy the sunset of Meili snow mountain from Flying Temple.
Day 2 Meili Snow Mountain – Shangrila
Sightseeing and Activities: Baima snow mountain
After enjoying the sunrise of Meili Snow mountain, return back to Shangri-la. Have view on Baima snow mountain far apart on the way back.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.