Splendid China in Shenzhen
It is the world's largest and most comprehensive miniature park, reproducing nearly 100 famous tourist attractions in China and 25 full-scale ethnic villages.
Chinese Name: 锦绣中华民俗村
English Name: Splendid China in Shenzhen
Type: Shenzhen Scenic Area, Shenzhen famous spots & Artificial attractions
Best Time: All Year Around
Recommended Visiting Hours: 3-4 hours
Location: Located on the bank of Shenzhen bay
Why is Splendid China So Special?
If you want to have a thorough view of the major attractions in China, the district of the Splendid China should be your choice. There, you can find 82 detailed miniatures of famous sites from around the country. Most of them are scaled down at a ratio of 1:15. Over 50,000 vivid tiny clay figures are placed around the sites, as if they have been living there for years. Besides the historical and scenic spots, you can find many folk houses here, where folk celebrations, songs, and dances are performed. There is also a business block near the gate of the theme park, following antique styles with workshops of traditional handicrafts and snacks.
Where is Splendid China
Located at 9003 Shennan Avenue, Nanshan District, Shenzhen City, with beautiful scenery. It is currently the largest and richest real-life miniature scenic spot in the world, covering an area of 450 mu and divided into two parts: a main point area and a comprehensive service area.
Main Attractions to See Near to Splendid China
Sections of this district can be roughly divided into three kinds: historical relics, natural landscapes, and folk customs, with the most distinctive ones as follows:
|Historical Relics||Great Wall, Forbidden City, Terracotta Army, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, Shaolin Temple, Potala Palace, Longmen Grottoes, Qufu Confucius Temple…|
|Natural Landscapes||Li River, Yellow Mountain, Huangguoshu Waterfall, Stone Forest, Seven-Star Cave…|
|Folk Houses and Customs||Beijing courtyards, earth towers of the Hakkas, Wind and Rain Bridge and Drum Tower of Dong Nationality…
Royal sacrifice ceremony to the God of Heaven, the wedding ceremony of Qing Emperor Guangxu, worshipping ritual in the Confucian Temple, folk wedding and funeral…
Recommended Travel Routes
Arrangement of Fast Tour Routes for Miniature Scenic Spots in splendid china;
- Jiulongbi-fairview park-Mogao Grottoes-World Celebrity Tree Planting Garden-Huangshan-Hanshan Temple-Yuanmingyuan-Shanhaiguan of the Great Wall-Forbidden City-Potala Palace.
Quick Tour Route Arrangement for Folk Culture Village:
- Wei Zhai-Tibetan Zhai-Northern Shaanxi Cave-Tea-Horse Ancient Road-Wa Wangfu-Hani Zhai-Mosuo Zhai-Dong Zhai-Miao Zhai-Shilin-Yi Zhai-Shui Zhai-Dai Zhai-Huizhou Street
Remark: The tour bus is the main way to visit the scenic spot quickly in one hour.
How to Get There
- Take metro Line 1 (Luobao Line), and get off at Huaqiaocheng (OCT) Station. Get out from Exit D, and walk east to the destination.
- Take bus 21, 26, 32, 79, 101, 113, 123, 204, 209, 222, 223, 234, 323, 324, 328, 365, 369, 373, 383, 390, M398, M433, M435, M487, N4, N6, or PJ17 to Jinxiu Zhonghua (Splendid China – Folk Culture Villages).
Useful Travel Tips
|CNY 200 for adults|
|CNY 100 for children between 1.2 and 1.5 meters (3.9 and 4.9 feet)|
|CNY 225 for Entrance Fee + Battery Car + Tour Boat|
|Free for children under 1.2m.|
10:00 – 21:30
Note: Opeing time is half an hour earlier during weekends and holidays.
- Splendid China in Shenzhen
- Window of the World in Shenzhen
- Daya Bay in Huizhou City
- Guangji Bridge in Chaozhou City
- Xinfengjiang Reservoir
- Huguang Cliff National Scenic Spot
- Tianlu Mountian in Xinxing County
- Hailing Island in Yangjiang City
- Danxia Mountain in Shaoguan City