History of Shennongjia
Shennongjia Forestry District is a county-level administrative unit (a “forestry district”) in northwestern Hubei province, People’s Republic of China, directly subordinated to the provincial government. It occupies 3,253 square kilometres (1,256 sq mi) in western Hubei, and, as of 2007 had the resident population estimated at 74,000 (with the registered population of 79,976). On July 17, 2016, Hubei Shennongjia was listed as World Heritage Site, the 50th World Heritage Site in China.
The population is predominantly (95%) Han Chinese, the remaining 5% being mostly Tujia.
Source From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shennongjia