Chinese Name: 西双版纳傣族自治州 English IPA: Xi Shuang Ban Na Location: South of Yunnan Population (city): 1,134,000 Language: Dai Language Zip code: 666100 Tel code: 0691 Time zone: (UTC+8)
The scenic spots featured by Buddhist temples, folk custom and tropical rain forest in Xishuangbanna scatter in many places. The prefecture is nicknamed Aerial Garden for its luxuriant and multi – layered primitive woods and tropical rain forests, which are teeming with animals and plants. Tourists can not only feel strong ethnic flavor but also appreciate beautiful tropical scenery here.
Highlights of Xishuangbanna
▪ Tropical Rain Forest: Menglun Tropical Botanical Garden is the largest botanical garden in China, enjoying the fame of ‘Heart of Green Gem’.
▪ Tea Culture: Xishuangbanna is the home of China’s famous Puer tea. The oldest tea tree in Menghai is 700 years old. The six most major Chinese Puer tea fields are all located in Xishuangbanna.
▪ Hinayana Buddhist Culture: Bright and magnificent Hinayana Buddhist temples are common to be seem in Xishuangbanna, such as Mengle Buddhist Pagodas and Jingzhen Octagonal Pagoda.
▪ Minority Culture: Over 10 ethnic groups are living in Xishuangbanna. Traveling to Xishuangbanna is very good way to understand the minorities’ in Southwest China such as Dai minority dance, water-splashing festival, etc.
Hot Destinations in Xishuangbanna
Other Destinations in Xishuangbanna
Xishuangbanna is rich in nature, historical and cultural resources, renowned for the multifarious folklore, rain forests, rare plants and wildlife, etc. Xishuangbanna Attractions mainly include Menglun Tropical Botanical Garden, Manfeilong Pagodas (Tanuozhuanglong), Jingzhen Pavilion, Wild Elephant Gully and Dai people's village at Ganlanba. If you are intent to travel to Xishuangbanna, Yunnan Exploration can tailor-make you kind of tour to this province based on your preferences. [...]
More Xishuangbanna Attractions >>
Xishuangbanna is definitely a famous tourist destination especially renowned among China domestic tourists. Our prearranged Xishuangbanna tour packages range from 1 day local trip to 46 days combined Yunnan trip and you can choose what kind of theme you like such as the Xishuangbanna tea culture tour, Xishuangbanna Ethnic Culture tour, Xishuangbanna Tropical Forest tour, Xishuangbanna Cycling tour or Xishuangbanna cruise. [...]
- More City Tours Including Xishuangbanna >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Xishuangbanna >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Xishuangbanna >>
- All Tours Including Xishuangbanna >>
Climate & When to Go
1. Xishuangbanna Geography The prefecture has an area of 19,700 km2 (7,600 sq mi). Xishuangbanna is the home of the Dai people. The region sits at a lower altitude than most of Yunnan, and borders closely on tropical climate. It is fast becoming a sought after tourist destination. Besides, it borders Laos and Burma and is adjacent Thailand and Vietnam. The location is 99°56' - 101°50' east longitude , 21°08' - 22°36' north latitude. 2. Xishuangbanna Climate Located south of the Tropic of Cancer, Xishuangbannan enjoys the tropical monsoon climate. The mountainous [...]
More Xishuangbanna Climate & When to Go >>
Xishuangbanna is located at the utmost southeast part of China. It is not only the major passageway and base to Southeast Asia and south Asia, but a window of Yunnan province opened to the world. Here are some options of transportation ways for your needs. How to Get to Xishuangbanna? 1.By Air Jinghong Airport (Jinghong is the capital city of Xishuangbanna Region), the second largest airport in Yunnan province second to Kunming Airport, is only 5 kilometers away from the city center. [...]
More Xishuangbanna Transportation >>
Festivals and Activities
Xishuangbanna is a place where multi-ethnic groups inhabit. The main minorities are Dai, Yao, Hui, Yi, Miao, Zhuang. Different nationalities create different culture. Therefore, there are diverse festivals in Xishuangbanna. Xishuangbanna Festivals: 1.The Water Splashing Festival(Dai Ethnic Minority) In Xishuangbanna, the Water Sprinkle Festival, is an important festivity. This is the day when the Dai-minority celebrate New Year. It is the Dai people's ritual of bestowing blessings on others. The more water is splashed, the greater the blessings and happiness for the one getting wet. It [...]
More Xishuangbanna Festivals and Activities >>
Xishuangbanna Travel Tips will be helpful to plan your trip to here. For a better travel experience, it's necessary to read the information below. ‣ Useful Numbers Phone Dialing Code: 0691 Postcode: 666100 Emergency Call Fire: 119 Police: 110 Ambulance: 120 Weather Forecast: 121 Tourist complaint: 2162177 Consumers' Complaint: 12315 Comprehensive Information: 12580 Airport information desk: 0691-2159130 Taxi complaint: 0691-2132173 ‣ Money Exchange Money exchange is offered in any one of the 12 exchanges [...]
More Xishuangbanna Travel Tips >>
Of Xishuangbanna's 19,184.45 square kilometres of territory, tourist and scenic resorts make up 1,202.13 square kilometres, and nature reserves occupy a total of 2,064.6 square kilometres. You can check our detailed maps: Xishuangbanna Prefecture Map, Xishuangbanna Attraction Map, Xishuangbanna Tour Routes Map, Xishuangbanna Transportation Map, Xishuangbanna Location Map, Wild Elephant Valley Map, etc. [...]
More Xishuangbanna Useful Maps >>
As a hot tourist city, Xishuangbanna is ready to offer you various Xishuangbanna Accommodation with well-appointed rooms and superior service. According to the different destination in the itinerary in Xishuangbanna. We carefully selected the following Best Hotels in Xishuangbanna for their good location and best valued price. 1. Empark Grand Hotel Xishuangbanna(世纪金源大酒店) Rating: 5 Star Add: Dashaba,Cangjiang New District, Jinghong City, Xishuangbanna Tel: 0691-2585888 2. Crowne Plaza Resort Xishuangbanna Parkview(西双版纳万达皇冠假日度假酒店) Rating: 5 Star Add: No. 88 Yingbin Road, Wanda International Tourism Resort, Jinghong, Xishuangbanna [...]
More Xishuangbanna Accommodation >>