Chinese Name: 泰安 English IPA: /taɪæn/ Location: Western Shandong province, China Population (city): 5,637,400 Language: Mandarin, Tai’an dialect Zip code: 271000 Tel code: 0538 Time zone: UTC+8
As an excellent tourist city in China and a famous historical and cultural city in China, there are a lot of scenic spots and historical sites in Taian, such as Dai Temple, Dai Temple Archway, the Copper Pavilion, the Yaoshen Pavilion, the Han Cypress Courtyard, Juping Site and Dawenkou Site where the ancient Dawenkou culture flourished. Besides, Mount Tai Scenic Area in Taishan District is known as the eastern mountain of the Five Great Mountains of China. Mount Tai has been a place of worship for at least 3,000 years and served as one of the most important ceremonial centers of China. It is associated with sunrise, birth, and renewal, and is often regarded the foremost of the five.
- A Religion Resort: Mount Tai is famous religious resort where Taoism and Buddhism exist together. Zhang Ling created Wudoumi school of Taoism in 1800 years ago at the end of the Eastern Han Dynasty. Two hundred years later, Buddhism was also introduced into Mount Tai. Then, they developed in Mount Tai together. The temples and scenic spots of Buddhism and Taoism have also become one of the highlights of Mount Tai.
- Taishan Shadow Play: Taishan shadow play is an ancient traditional folk art. Because of shadow play people and props are made from donkey skin, it is also known as donkey shadow play. It is regarded as living fossil of the culture of Mount Tai and became one part of the national-level intangible cultural heritages.
- Leader of the Five Sacred Mountains: Due to being close to the sea and rivers and rises abruptly from the relatively low rolling hills and Qilu plains, its relative height is quite impressive. Moreover, in Chinese culture, east is regarded as a sacred direction, since it is where the sun and the moon rise. Therefore, Mount Tai is often regarded as the first of the Five Sacred Mountains.
- Jade Emperor Peak: Known as the First Peak under Heaven, the 1545-meter Jade Emperor Peak (in Chinese mythology, the Jade Emperor is the most powerful god in the heaven), is also called Taiping Peak (Peace Peak), is the summit of Mount Tai.
Other Destinations in Tai’an
- Mount Tai
- Taishan District
- Daiyue District
- Xintai City
- Ningyang County
- Dongping County
- Feicheng City
As an excellent tourist city and a famous historical and cultural city in China, Tai’an District received a lot of tourists every day. There are a lot of scenic spots and historical sites, such as Dai Temple, Dai Temple Archway, the Copper Pavilion, the Yaoshen Pavilion, the Han Cypress Courtyard, Juping Site and Dawenkou Site where the ancient Dawenkou culture flourished. Besides, Mount Tai Scenic Area in Taishan District plays a significant role in the development of tourism of Tai’an. The [...]
As a famous a scenic-tourist city, Tai’an provides tourists with a lot of scenic spots and historical sites which they could visit. When tourists arrive in Tai’an and have a rest, they could start their travelling with visiting spots or sites which are not in the Mount Tai Scenic Ara, such as Dai Temple, Dai Temple Archway, the Copper Pavilion, the Yaoshen Pavilion, the Han Cypress Courtyard, Juping Site and Dawenkou Site where the ancient Dawenkou culture flourished. Then, they [...]
- More City Tours Including Tai’an >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Tai’an >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Tai’an >>
- All Tours Including Tai’an >>
Climate & When to Go
Temperature The annual average temperature is 12.9 °C. It is highest in July, averaging 26.4 ℃, and lowest in January, averaging -2.6 ℃. The extreme maximum temperature is 41 ℃ and the extreme minimum temperature is -27.5 ℃. Geographically, the temperature is higher in the south and west and lower in the east and north. Frost-free period averages 195 days with a maximum length of 241 days and a minimum of 161 days. Due to the topography, landform, vertical variation, and [...]
More Tai’an Climate & When to Go >>
There is some detailed information on Tai’an transportation. Information about how to get and how to leave Rizhao will help you a lot in your trip to Tai’an. How to Get & Leave Tai’an By Airplane Tai’an doesn't have an airport of its own. Luckily, it's about 110 kilometers away from Jinan Yaoqiang International Airport. At present, Jinan Yaoqiang International Airport has offered 8 direct couches to Tai'an everyday. Each couch takes about 1.5 or 2 hours to arrive in Tai’an, and the [...]
Festivals and Activities
Dongping Rape Flower Festival Time: From Middle April to late April Dongping Rape Flower Festival would be held in the Old Town of Shuihu. The opening ceremony of this was very grand. At the same time, micro-film contest and tourism photography contest will be launched on Dongping Rape Flower Festival. Besides, there are lots of roads with picturesque sceneries around Dongping Lake. A great majority of cyclists like riding here so that there will also be a cycling Race here. Feicheng Peach [...]
More Tai’an Festivals and Activities >>
Important Numbers City Code: 0538 Zip code: 271000 Fire: 119 Ambulance: 120 Police: 110 Complaint center: 0538-8066077 Complaint center: 0538-8066077 Service center of Red Gate on Mount Tai: 0538-6228289 Mount Tai Tourism Consulting: 0538-6228289 Service center of Zhongtian Gate on Mount Tai: 0538-8066826 Tai’an City Tourist Administration: 0538-8209949 Ticket Office of Mount Tai Scenic Spot: 0538-8066828 Scenic Spot Fireproofing Office of Mount Tai: 0538-8066111 Duty room of Mount Tai Administrative committee: 8225841 Numbers for helping on Mount Tai: Help center at Red Gate: 0538-8066170 Help center at Nantian Gate: 0538-8066206 Help center at Zhongtian [...]
In order to help tourists not get lost in Tai’an and have a better travelling experience of Tai’an, here are some helpful maps, like Tai’an location map, Tai’an region map, Tai’an in China Map, Tai’an transportation map, Tai’an tours map, Tai’an tourist attractions map, Mount Tai location map, Mount Tai region map, Mount Tai in Tai’an map, Mount Tai climbing map, Mount Tai tours map, Mount Tai tourist attractions map, etc. [...]