Chinese Name: 南宁 English IPA: /Nan Ning/ Location: Central-Southern Part of Guangxi Population (city): 7,296,600(2014) Language: Cantonese, Nanning Dialect, Zhuang Language, Ping Language Zip code: 530000 Tel code: 0771 Time zone: UTC+8
Facing the South China Sea, Guangxi is China’s only provincial-level administrative district bordering ASEAN countries both on land and at sea. Nanning, the capital city of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, is now playing an important role in connecting China with Southeast Asia, is the political, economic and cultural center of the region. Located in the southwest of Guangxi, Nanning is located in the subtropical zone and south of the Tropic of Cancer. The junction of South China, Southwest China and Southeast Asia Economic Circle is the intersection of Pan-Beibu Gulf Economic Cooperation, Greater Mekong Sub-regional Cooperation and Pan-Pearl River Delta Cooperation. Bordering Vietnam, this city borders Guangzhou, is close to Hong Kong and Macau, and faces Southeast Asia.
- Famous Trade Post: Close to Beibu Gulf, bordering on Guangdong, Yunnan, Guizhou and Sichuan provinces, facing the Southeast Asia, Nanning remains to be the throat of southwestern region and a pivot for exporting and importing goods.
- Tourism City: It is a major tourist city only second to Guilin and Beihai in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
- Multi-ethnic Settlement: Nanning City is a capital city of multi-ethnic settlement with Zhuang people as the main ethnic group, including Han, Yao, Hui, Miao, Man, etc. 35 ethnic groups.
- Colorful Beliefs: People in Nanning are believe in Buddhism, Taoism, Islam, Catholicism and Christianity.
Other Destinations in Nanning
- Xingning District
- Yongning District
- Wuming District
- Long’an County
- Qingxiu District
- Jiangnan District
- Xixiangtang District
- Liangqing District
- Mashan County
- Shanglin County
- Binyang County
- Heng County
Nanning, the capital of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, has a history of more than 1,680 years and a profound cultural heritage. It is endowed with unique natural conditions, making Nanning be a green city and remain green throughout the year. For a long time, Nanning has formed the city style of "the city encircled by green mountains and blue water". There are many beautiful attractions hidden around Nanning, such as the beautiful Grand Detian Waterfall, magnificent Qingxiu Mountain and Daming Mountain, [...]
Nanning, the capital of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, known as the "Green City" Nanning, is characterized by verdant trees, scented flowers and exquisite all year round. It is an international city for South Asian countries. Nanning is a very good transit city for visit to Chongzuo, Beihai and Guilin. China Tours will provide you with the most suitable tours for you in Guangxi. Enjoy the beautiful Grand Detian Waterfall and have a cruise tour-Li River Cruise Tour in [...]
- More City Tours Including Nanning >>
- More China Provinces Tours Including Nanning >>
- More Multi-City Tours Including Nanning >>
- All Tours Including Nanning >>
Climate & When to Go
Facing the South China Sea, Guangxi is China's only provincial-level administrative district bordering ASEAN countries both on land and at sea. Between 22°12′-24°32′ north latitude and 107°19′-109°38′ east longitude, Nanning, the capital city of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, is located in the subtropical zone, southwest of Guangxi, south of the Tropic of Cancer, and is located in a small basin surrounded by mountains. It belongs to humid subtropical monsoon climate with plenty of sunshine, abundant rainfall, less frost and no snow, warm climate, [...]
Facing the South China Sea, Guangxi is China's only provincial-level administrative district bordering ASEAN countries both on land and at sea. Nanning, the capital city of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, is now playing an important role in connecting China with Southeast Asia, is the political, economic and cultural center of the region. Located in the southwest of Guangxi, Nanning is located in the subtropical zone and south of the Tropic of Cancer. The junction of South China, Southwest China and Southeast [...]
Festivals and Activities
Nanning, a place with many ethnic minorities, has many unique folk festivals and the strong customs, which have become the major scenery line of Nanning Tourism. Although there are many traditional festivals in China, the most exciting is undoubtedly unique festivals for all ethnic groups. Here, China Dragon Tours will introduce the representative ethnic festivals in Nanning. Firecrackers Dragon Festival in Binyang(宾阳炮龙节) The Firecracker Dragon Festival, which falls on the 11th day of the first month of the Lunar New Year, was inscribed into the National List of Intangible [...]
1. Useful Numbers fire: 119 Police: 110 Ambulance:120 Consumers' Complaint: 12315 Nanning Airlines Ticket Center: 2836082 Nanning Branch of Shenzhen Airlines: 96777 Information Desk of Train Timetable: 2222222 Guangzhou Airlines Nanning Ticket Center: 2847777 Nanning Ticket Center of Southern Airlines: 5890777 Ticket Booking of Langdong Bus Station: 5508329-5508333 2. Post Offices Gonghe Post Office Add: No. 124-5 Gonghe Road, Qingxiu District(青秀区共和路124-5号) Tel: (0771)2823370 Post Office in Xianhuaxi Area Add: No. 77 Tongtai Road, Qingxiu District, Nanning City(南宁市青秀区通泰路77号) Tel: (0771)4703715 Nanwu Post Office Add: No. 308 Nanwu Avenue, Xingning District, Nanning City(南宁市兴宁区南梧大道308号) Tel:(0771)3396759 Yudong Post Office Add: No. 943 Yinhai Avenue, Liangqing District, Nanning City(南宁市良庆区银海大道943号) [...]
If we go to somewhere new, maps are good facilitators for us. Our Nanning maps cover different types of useful maps including Nanning Location Map, Nanning City Map, Nanning Attraction Map, Nanning Transportation Map, and so on to help you better understand about Nanning City and plan your Nanning tour. [...]
As a tourist city, Nanning has enough big hotels and small hotels. Here we have selected several hotels for you based on good service and the best location. Since each hotel offers a comfortable environment and reasonable prices, any choice you make is worth it. China Tours will always find the most suitable hotels for you. Where to Stay in Nanning Recommended 5-star Hotels: Honglin Grand Hotel(红林大酒店) Add: No. 129 Minzu Avenue, Qingxiu District, Nanning City(南宁市青秀区民族大道129号) Tel: (0771)2021588,(0771)2021688 Nanning Xinwei Wanhao Hotel(南宁鑫伟万豪酒店) Add: No. 131 Minzu Avenue, [...]